The Automotive India

The Automotive India (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/)
-   Loan, Insurance, RTO (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/loan-insurance-rto/)
-   -   Insurance Claim Dispute with Bharti AXA and Hyundai Workshop (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/loan-insurance-rto/18880-insurance-claim-dispute-bharti-axa-hyundai-workshop.html)

max_demon 19th October 2014 01:15 PM

Insurance Claim Dispute with Bharti AXA and Hyundai Workshop
 
Insurance policy : Bharti AXA Car insurance with Zero Depreciation Cover
Car : Hyundai i10 Sportz
Service Centre: EROS Hyundi Authorized Service centre, Ghat Road, Nagpur.

This query is regarding my uncle's new i10 Sportz which met an accident on 15th Aug 2014. They had just taken delivery a day before, but due to unfortunate circumstances led an accident. However my Uncle who was driving and his son are safe with minor injuries thanks to seatbelt. I do not know exact damages done but the whole back and sides was damaged. I got to know about the incident just few days ago as they did not want to bother me and hoped that it would be solved very soon.

But due to extremely slow and pathetic services offered by Hyundai ASC the car is still at their garage as of 19-10-2014. One could understand how much emotional values are attached with this new vehicle and what it means for them.

It all started with a spot survey at the time of an accident and the car was immediately towed to the ASC same day. But as it was new vehicle its registration number was yet to come and this caused a confusion between insurance company and the service centre. that was solved by some negotiations that time. The slow estimation and approval process meant that the work was started very late on the car.

Till Oct 1 this work was not even complete, due to several discrepancies the previous estimation of ~2.1 Lac was not enough and as per service centre they discovered several problems which led to shoot the bill to 2.5-2.6L. Now the problem is that they are delaying further as there is no approval from the insurance company for the additional expenses. So the service centre is saying that the customer needs to bear the additional expenses which happens to be roughly 40k+ , Now as a sensible person with Zero depreciation policy and a car costing 5L OTR this amount means a lot.

What shall be the solution for this, we are already pushing the Insurance company to settle the claim but there is no definite response. experts please help me in this matter; I'm clueless to which authority shall I approach. And what should be the remedy if neither the Insurance company and the service centre cooperates.

Thanks in Advance.

PS : Sorry no pictures as I also happen to know about the case very late. Also let me know if anything needs to be clarified or I missed something, I'm also 3rd party in this case so there could be some mistakes in posting.

AMG 19th October 2014 02:59 PM

Re: Insurance claim dispute with Bharti AXA and Hyundi Workshop
 
Dep Cap = if the car is totalled, you get paid full.
Dep cap =/= cashless

MSN1 19th October 2014 04:23 PM

Re: Insurance claim dispute with Bharti AXA and Hyundi Workshop
 
If your policy is zero dep, except the minimum charges rest of the charges should be beared by the insurance company (depends up on the zero dep policy the minimum customer payable amount is around 2000 max ).

registration number matters alot when it comes to insurance company need to pay for third party damage (not the damaged caused to the insured vehicle), so in your case they also have the chassis or engine number mentioned in the insurance policy, so insurance company should pay for it.

their are two things cause delay check if the dealer is actually delaying the repair or the insurance company not releasing funds causing the delay, if its the second case you can ask insurance company to mark the car as totaled (fully damaged / unrepariable ) and ask for the full cash, or they should release the money for repair ASAP.

vaibhav 19th October 2014 06:04 PM

Re: Insurance claim dispute with Bharti AXA and Hyundi Workshop
 
Bharti axa is hopeless. Can't refund my cancelled policy amount for 2 months. I too zero dep from them and regretting.

HDFC ergo was so damn good

max_demon 19th October 2014 06:58 PM

Re: Insurance claim dispute with Bharti AXA and Hyundi Workshop
 
The car is not totalled and has actually been repaired and is just parked at the Service centre.. the Service manager told some liability is yet to come from insurance company before they could release the car. I'm not understanding how could they carry out additional repair work (not approved from the insurance company) without intimation from the customer.

Also the surveyor which carried out the survey had been transferred to another city therefore as per them it is causing more delays.

If I remember correctly even, In zero dep the consumables need to be paid for like tyres and stuff. Are there any additional items which are not covered under zero dep policy which I should be aware of?

vaibhav 19th October 2014 07:16 PM

Re: Insurance claim dispute with Bharti AXA and Hyundi Workshop
 
If you want to have a soudn sleep file a complaint at Online Consumer Forum | Resolve Consumer Complaints | Akosha

Akash1886 19th October 2014 08:30 PM

Re: Insurance claim dispute with Bharti AXA and Hyundi Workshop
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by max_demon (Post 412842)
Till Oct 1 this work was not even complete, due to several discrepancies the previous estimation of ~2.1 Lac was not enough and as per service centre they discovered several problems which led to shoot the bill to 2.5-2.6L.

Quote:

Originally Posted by max_demon (Post 412877)
The car is not totalled and has actually been repaired and is just parked at the Service centre.. I'm not understanding how could they carry out additional repair work (not approved from the insurance company) without intimation from the customer.

Foremost, ask your uncle to get hold of photos taken by surveyor to process your claim at the time of accident. Picture shall become clear from that. As your uncle was not informed about the additional repairs, it might be possible that such "additional" repairs are projected in the benefit of the ASC by the insurance surveyor. Since its a zero dep policy as it is the premium is high so the increase in estimate shall further increase the next premium. Therefore, do inform your uncle to speak to the assigned Service personnel at ASC.

The ASC could be waiting for the delivery note from Insurance company as to release the car. But please don't make any payments until you are pacified with every amount charged.

Regards

Akash.

max_demon 20th October 2014 12:37 PM

Re: Insurance Claim Dispute with Bharti AXA and Hyundai Workshop
 
Today I talked with the surveyor, as per him the additional work carried out on the vehicle was not at all necessary (also proved from the picture) like rear glass and front seats and 3 TYRES!, Even after knowing it may not be covered under insurance, Hyundai carried out these job. Without any kind of intimation to the customer.

Tomorrow we will be going to service centre for final negotiation if the service centre agrees to bear the additional cost or not.

If they don't; where should I escalate the issue to, Hyundai, Bharti AXA or Consumer Court? or even IRDA or Insurance ombudsman?

The difference of what repair work carried out and the amount approved by insurance company now comes out to be a whooping 95,000 !!

generalmax 20th October 2014 12:52 PM

Re: Insurance Claim Dispute with Bharti AXA and Hyundai Workshop
 
Let us see the procedure of claim settlement.

The procedure goes like this.After claim intimation ,the surveyor visits the workshop and an estimate is shown to the surveyor.
Thereupon , the surveyor needs to pass the amount of work to be done, to workshop and this is the approved work. This approved amount will be reimbursed to the customer/workshop.
There is also possibility of an additional work being done, but upon the approval of the surveyor. The surveyor in turn get this also approved from the Insurance company.
In this case there is a severe lack of communication from workshop to surveyor regarding the additional work done. I feel insurance company is not to be blamed.
Since you already talked to the surveyor and he had said he had not approved it,the onus lies on the workshop .

max_demon 21st October 2014 08:50 PM

Re: Insurance Claim Dispute with Bharti AXA and Hyundai Workshop
 
New update regarding the case, I got hold of the documents specifying each detail of the repair work being done. most of it seem unnecessary and the most shocking part of this fiasco is that the SA FORGED the customer's signature in some documents needing approval from customer.

I'm trying to seek help from higher Hyundai officials regarding this matter if they do not cooperate we have no choice but to file a case. [anger]

Akash1886 21st October 2014 09:42 PM

Re: Insurance Claim Dispute with Bharti AXA and Hyundai Workshop
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by max_demon (Post 413242)
New update the SA FORGED the customer's signature in some documents needing approval from customer.

I'm trying to seek help from higher Hyundai officials regarding this matter if they do not cooperate we have no choice but to file a case.

You should not wait for Hyundai's response. Immediately file a complaint against SA and the ASC in nearest police station with all requisite proofs. This is a new low in the customer service industry. Now to earn money the SA at ASCs are forging signatures. It is really unethical.:mad:[frustration].

Also, in the interest of the community do share the copy of the estimate documents and the name of the SA who was appointed for your uncle's car.

Regards

Akash

BhartiAXAGI 22nd October 2014 10:30 AM

Re: Insurance Claim Dispute with Bharti AXA and Hyundai Workshop
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by max_demon (Post 412842)
Insurance policy : Bharti AXA Car insurance with Zero Depreciation Cover
Car : Hyundai i10 Sportz
Service Centre: EROS Hyundi Authorized Service centre, Ghat Road, Nagpur.

This query is regarding my uncle's new i10 Sportz which met an accident on 15th Aug 2014. They had just taken delivery a day before, but due to unfortunate circumstances led an accident. However my Uncle who was driving and his son are safe with minor injuries thanks to seatbelt. I do not know exact damages done but the whole back and sides was damaged. I got to know about the incident just few days ago as they did not want to bother me and hoped that it would be solved very soon.

But due to extremely slow and pathetic services offered by Hyundai ASC the car is still at their garage as of 19-10-2014. One could understand how much emotional values are attached with this new vehicle and what it means for them.

It all started with a spot survey at the time of an accident and the car was immediately towed to the ASC same day. But as it was new vehicle its registration number was yet to come and this caused a confusion between insurance company and the service centre. that was solved by some negotiations that time. The slow estimation and approval process meant that the work was started very late on the car.

Till Oct 1 this work was not even complete, due to several discrepancies the previous estimation of ~2.1 Lac was not enough and as per service centre they discovered several problems which led to shoot the bill to 2.5-2.6L. Now the problem is that they are delaying further as there is no approval from the insurance company for the additional expenses. So the service centre is saying that the customer needs to bear the additional expenses which happens to be roughly 40k+ , Now as a sensible person with Zero depreciation policy and a car costing 5L OTR this amount means a lot.

What shall be the solution for this, we are already pushing the Insurance company to settle the claim but there is no definite response. experts please help me in this matter; I'm clueless to which authority shall I approach. And what should be the remedy if neither the Insurance company and the service centre cooperates.

Thanks in Advance.

PS : Sorry no pictures as I also happen to know about the case very late. Also let me know if anything needs to be clarified or I missed something, I'm also 3rd party in this case so there could be some mistakes in posting.

Dear Customer,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Please provide your contact number, policy number & City , the concerned team will get in touch with you shortly.

Thanks & Regards
Team Bharti AXA general Insurance

Altocumulus 22nd October 2014 11:37 AM

Re: Insurance Claim Dispute with Bharti AXA and Hyundai Workshop
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BhartiAXAGI (Post 413311)
Dear Customer,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Please provide your contact number, policy number & City , the concerned team will get in touch with you shortly.

Thanks & Regards
Team Bharti AXA general Insurance

Wow I am really impressed for you taking this initiative. [clap]

Hope this sorts out the issues for Max

max_demon 22nd October 2014 11:48 AM

Re: Insurance Claim Dispute with Bharti AXA and Hyundai Workshop
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BhartiAXAGI (Post 413311)
Dear Customer,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Please provide your contact number, policy number & City , the concerned team will get in touch with you shortly.

Thanks & Regards
Team Bharti AXA general Insurance

I'm trying to send the details but not able to find the option to PM. Should I email the required details? let me know the email address to which I should send to.

Also your gesture is very appreciated, your support will be really helpful in my case.

BhartiAXAGI 22nd October 2014 04:21 PM

Re: Insurance Claim Dispute with Bharti AXA and Hyundai Workshop
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by max_demon (Post 413322)
I'm trying to send the details but not able to find the option to PM. Should I email the required details? let me know the email address to which I should send to.

Also your gesture is very appreciated, your support will be really helpful in my case.

Dear Customer ,

You can forward your query to this email id : Kiran.jayaraj@bharti-axagi.co

Thanks & Regards
Team Bharti AXA General Insurance


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
©2008 - 2017, The Automotive India. All Rights Reserved.