Ownership Transfer: Documents To Be Given and Taken From Buyer

Thread Starter #1
Hello Guys,

Thank you for answering all my queries.

I will be handing over my vehicle to the buyer for name transfer,

Should I have to take the full payment from the buyer before handing over the NOC or should I wait to get it till he does the name transfer procedure.

Please let me know the various documents that I have to hand over to the buyer and is there anything I need to receive from the buyer.

Please educate

Thank you

Re: Car Name Transfer - Documents to be give and taken from buyer

To give:
- RC (Original)
- Insurance (Original)
- Transfer forms & NOC (Original)
- Spare key
- Delivery Note (Photocopy)
- Invoice (Photocopy)
- Owners Manual & Warranty booklet (Original)

To get / retain:
- RC & Insurance (Photocopy)
- Transfer forms & NOC (Photocopy)
- Delivery Note (Original)
- Photo ID of buyer (Photocopy)

Get the deal settled before you handover him the original documents.

Re: Car Owner Name Transfer: Documents To Be Given and Taken From Buyer

Before you hand over the car/keys and original documents please make sure you got the full payment.

Ask him to send a copy of new RC one its transferred to his name.

TVS jupiter

guys am trying to purchase a second hand TVs jupiter in Bangalore area
its a recent 2014 model
what documents should i be looking forward too for my safety and transfer of ownership

Re: TVS jupiter

guys am trying to purchase a second hand TVs jupiter in Bangalore area
its a recent 2014 model
what documents should i be looking forward too for my safety and transfer of ownership
Basically You need the registration Particulars and smart card along with it the insurance copy and form 29,30 signed by the present registered owner and by you

You may need the sale deed in form for affidavit in non judicial stamp paper.[thumbsup]

what happens If the invoice is Not with the seller..will it affects the registration/NOC of a vehicle (transferIng to other state) If there is no problem in home state,will the same affect in new state(kerala).

I have a query regarding ownership transfers .... while applying Clearance Certificate, RTO will check for any traffic violations and issue CC.
My question would be: will the RTO check for any other offenses like stolen cars, accidents, cars used for illegal activities. ex: someone trying to sell a stolen car which is used for any illegal activity and case is pending in another city police station .. will the RTOs have those details from other police stations ?
someone please help to clarify [confused]

Now you don't have to go to RTO for getting the detail of owner of a vehicle either it is a two wheeler or a four Wheeler...You will get all the detail with just a SMS... you just have to send below SMS and you get all the details in reply from RTO department.

go to SMS box and type

VAHAN (space) Registration number without space like (HR29AH2900) and send this msg to 7738299899.

VAHAN HR29AH2600 to 7738299899

You get all the detail of the owner of the vehicle like city, owner name and type, vehicle detail, RC expiry date etc.

I already tried it and its working, you can try it with your own Vehicle number.

Top Bottom