Name in RC Different From NOC

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I am in the process of selling my car. I have all the documents ready with me. I just recently noticed that my name in RC is slightly different from the NOC provided by bank.

There is a small difference

Name as in RC: SARATHI

Name in NOC: SARTHI

There is a letter difference between the name in RC and NOC. I would like to know if this will be a problem when I go to the RTO for the name transfer or is it something that can be handled. Should I go through the procedure of correcting my name in the NOC with the bank as per the name in RC?

My buyer is waiting for me so I don't have much time left.

Please suggest guys.

Thanks

Best bet: get the NOC corrected as per RC.

PS: Some RTOs don't bother much if the vehicle number mentioned in NOC is perfect (speaking from my own experience)

No worries. It could be considered as a human error. If the engine no, chassis no & vehicle nos match, then you don't have to worry about this.

Thread Starter #4
Thank you to both of you for your immediate response. NOC is from HDFC Bank. Any idea how long it will take for the name to be corrected in the NOC, is it a complicated process?

Thanks

how long it will take for the name to be corrected in the NOC, is it a complicated process?
With private banks this isn't a big deal.
How about the spelling as per bank records? If the mistake is only a typo on NOC, it shouldn't take more than a couple of days (worst case, 5 working days)

Thread Starter #6
I can't call this a typo. The name in my noc was how it was in the bank records initially. I corrected it later but I took the loan before I corrected the name on my account.

Currently as per bank records, it has the name I want on my NOC.

My passport also has the same name I want on my NOC.

Thanks

Last edited:

Top Bottom