Need Advice: Grand i10 Insurance Claim

Thread Starter #1
Unfortunately, I met an accident which damaged by front-under-body guards. ex: bumper and under body plastic cover that protects the front parts.

This actually happened few months back when I tried to coss a huge damaged road with a stone bump without noticing its presence at night..

I'm looking to claim this via insurance and they quote me around 18k which I would be paying around 8k + tax.

The bumper is actually perfect. Just a little piece is gone under the body. But they're saying it should be changed as well.

But I have a gut feeling that these guys just over-charging the price. cause, last time when enquired they said around 13-15k max ( including for bumper ) and I would be paying around 5k + tax only. Now they're just justifying their current quote.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

PS: Is it possible to claim 2 damages under single claim ?

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Need Advice: Grandi10 Insurance Claim

Unfortunately, I met an accident which damaged by front-under-body guards. ex: bumper and under body plastic cover that protects the front parts.

This actually happened few months back without noticing its presence at night. when I tried to coss a huge damaged road with a stone bump.

I'm looking to claim this via insurance and they quote me around 18k which I would be paying around 8k + tax.

The bumper is actually perfect. Just a little piece is gone under the body. But they're saying it should be changed as well.

But I have a gut feeling that these guys just over-charging the price. cause, last time when enquired they said around 13-15k max ( including for bumper ) and I would be paying around 5k + tax only. Now they're just justifying their current quote. Is it possible to claim 2 damages under single claim ?
See, First thing, to give you an accurate and feasible solution, we need to see the extent of damage via pics. Please upload them first. Coming to the estimation part, It is a well known fact that ASC of any brand shall charge anyone a higher price because they earn mainly in spares & services. Since you have quotes from the ASC, I would suggest you to approach and get a quote from a good/ reliable after-market repair shop also. If damage is minimal, then no point in loosing out on the No-Claim Bonus too by claiming for damages.

Lastly, You may claim 2 damages in one insurance, provided the damages are close enough to be counted in similar claim. I mean, as you have damaged your bumper, you may claim the bumper and the front fender too if there is damage on it. Same goes for rear.

However, you can't claim for a bonnet and a rear door together.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #3
Thanks for your quick response, Akash

Unfortunately, I don't have a perfect snap. But when I checked, The plastic part under the body and front-bumper is damaged and the plastic bolts came out and sockets broke. So, both the front vent plastic part + under-cover plastic ( not sure what they call it, excuse me ) has to be changed.

Check the attached picture. Hope that helps to understand better. The black-fibre plastic is sticking out and touching the ground. I couldn't go more than 30-40kmph. Cause, it vibrates and touching the road when moving.

The road is not supposed to be like that. The corporation guys dug the road and left it without fixing up. So, its all those heavy rocks and stones formed in 1 big messy bump.

Attachments

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
@ Deceptron, Going by your pictures, I can make out that a part of the under engine cover has got hit from the bump and the same is attached to the bumper and supports it from behind to avoid being dis-located with minor collisions. Due to the height and intensity of impact the fog lamp vent has broken.

So for this damage, I won't suggest you to go to ASC. Had it been some major hit then surely ASC can be considered. I would suggest you to check out Carnation Outlet in your city or any good after market repair shop who also deal with bumper repairs.

Reason why I am suggesting you this is, ASC won't give you full amount for plastic parts until you have Zero-Depreciation policy. Plus claiming insurance would lead to loss of no-claim bonus.

At a reasonable price you can get a good fit and finish done. Believe me, you wont be disappointed with the after market job.

Regards

Akash

It is a well known fact that ASC of any brand shall charge anyone a higher price because they earn mainly in spares & services. Since you have quotes from the ASC, I would suggest you to approach and get a quote from a good/ reliable after-market repair shop also. If damage is minimal, then no point in loosing out on the No-Claim Bonus too by claiming for damages.
I do suggest to go to good garage who is doing accidental / insurance jobs & get estimate of total repairs & your approximate contribution.

Lastly, You may claim 2 damages in one insurance, provided the damages are close enough to be counted in similar claim. I mean, as you have damaged your bumper, you may claim the bumper and the front fender too if there is damage on it. Same goes for rear.
In short, you can include what you can prove happened in one single accident. You cannot combine damages from two accidents at different time.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

In short, you can include what you can prove happened in one single accident. You cannot combine damages from two accidents at different time.
Right. I am saying this because prior to claiming the insurance, the ASC will make a report and owner needs to fill the Claim Form. In that there is a column where in one needs to describe "How accident occurred". In that if one needs to get the adjacent panel repaired too then it can be written in it and secondly, the surveyor shall also take the pics of the damage prior to disbursement of the claim so it shall be covered in it.

Claiming damage of a different accident in one claim is a problem if you have the ordinary insurance with depreciation since it is difficult to co-relate. Also, even in zero depreciation only 2 claims are approved annually to the best of my knowledge and we can't file 2 claims at one time for one vehicle.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #7
Thanks guys, Really appreciate your inputs. But I don't know any aftermarket shops that deal with hyundai parts. Cause, i need the bumper and socket replaced. Which I'm expecting it to be a genuine accessory. Keeping that in mind, I had to go with ASC. My bad I didn't go for Zero Dep insurance. But I'll take this as a lesson for next time though.

Signed and gave my papers. Now I need to keep my fingers crossed.

Is it really true ? For fixing a dent and re-paint they charge 4500 + 12.36% tax

It's a bloody small dent a bike guy did.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Cause, i need the bumper and socket replaced. Which I'm expecting it to be a genuine accessory. Keeping that in mind, I had to go with ASC. My bad I didn't go for Zero Dep insurance. But I'll take this as a lesson for next time though.

Is it really true ? For fixing a dent and re-paint they charge 4500 + 12.36% tax

It's a bloody small dent.
No issues at all. Its never too late to make a new and informed beginning. As far as the price quote goes, its on the higher side. A good painter wont charge more than 2500 to 3000 rupees all inclusive.

My car insurance is due in next month and by god's grace I am having a good NCB till now. This time I am too planning for a Zero Depreciation policy.

Do share the before and after pics here buddy.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom