Car Insured Through Dealer: Now Can't Renew Insurance Online

Thread Starter #1
Hi fellow TAI'ians,

My Storme's zero dep insurance will be expiring soon 8 days to be exact[roll]
It was insured by National Insurance and was done by the dealer himself as at that time I was too busy with my other works, but was shocked to see the premium was 45000 but it was too late as the policy was already been issued, well that was past.

Now to avoid another huge bill for the renewal I decided to renew it myself online but Alas!! when I put my policy number in the renewal form on the National insurance website, it said the policy is a dealer tie up policy and I cannot renew it..[anger]
Had a chat with the CC and they said I cannot renew it online but gave me the option to renew it from other company if need be but I won't get cashless facility. Is that right?

Now I am completely noob to all these things so would like a kind soul to please provide me with link to the best possible company which can provide zero dep renewal also any comparison would be beneficial. I checked on policybazar but couldn't get any zero dep one. Also, any knowledge on NCB would be gladly accepted.

Sorry for a long post, but as you know it is urgent. Please help.[confused]

Re: Renewal of my Car insurance not possible :-(

To the best of my knowledge, below mentioned are possible options you can avail.

# 1 one company / brand insurance can be renewed by another company insurance and if car eligible (based on how many years old and few more things insurance company calculates) bumper to bumper with zero dep is possible.
# 2 if you havent claimed insurance during first year, you can avail no claim bonus discount from other insurance company .

# 3 contact the insurance company and ask for more discount they will do it in this competitive market.

# 4, suggested insurance companies based on my personal and friends experience

Royal sundram
TATA AIG
Hdfc ergo

Suggested reading: How to choose the best car insurance policy - NDTVProfit.com
Visit and check insurance options at Car Insurance Online India, Best Cheap Motor Auto Insurance Renewal Quotes | CarDekho.com

You can claim Cashless from L&T insurance. They have tie up with TATA and provide cheap quotes for higher IDV. Call them ASAP.

Same thing happened to me as this is my, first insurance premium as my car is one year old and in my case it is Maruti Model and the insurance company is ICICI Lombard served by Maruti Insurance.

Can't renew it via Web as it says 'Incorrect Policy Number' - Contacted ICICI and they are not sure at some point they asked me to send a cheque at Mumbai instead of Web payment (I got 2x two wheeler policy running at their Web), didn't take the risk and went via dealer affiliated Insurance company which is Maruti Insurance to renew ICICI policy.

Last edited:

You can go to national insurance office directly and tell them to issue a new policy on their own without renewing the dealer plan.

It is possible and they might need to see the vehicle before issuing the policy.It will be cheaper than the dealer policy by 20% or so at least.

This is the problem of maruti and tata vehicles.Same thing I faced when i wanted not to renew my Maruti SX4 dealer policy.National insurance told me to come to their office.Eventually i couldnt find time due to my office work and renewed the dealer one due to lack of time.Some insurance customer care guy told me that this is problem with Maruti and Tata.Hyundai or Honda doesn't have this issue

is it so,i also have Bajaj allianz insurance but done through dealer(Maruti Insurance)that means i wont be able to renew my policy without help from Maruti?what if i will go for a new insurance company?

is it so,i also have Bajaj allianz insurance but done through dealer(Maruti Insurance)that means i wont be able to renew my policy without help from Maruti?
As I experienced,
You Can't.
Don't worry they will pick & drop up at your place of connivence (waste of time & man power). Either they are Dewars Insurance or Srwanti Insurance based at deshapriya park.

what if i will go for a new insurance company?
Yes You can.

Last edited:

As I experienced,
You Can't.
Don't worry they will pick & drop up at your place of connivence (waste of time & man power). Either they are Dewars Insurance or Srwanti Insurance based at deshapriya park.

Yes You can.
I have purchased my car from Bhandari.Is there any problem if i will go for new insurance company?[confused]

There is no problem I believe, If it is new insurance company they may want to physically check your car before renewal & provide NCB and all stuff.

Before transfer to any other company make sure they are tie up with MASS / Garage , only advantage is transaction become smoother if any claim needed in future and there is less time your Car stays at SVC for claim procedure.

Last edited:
Hi fellow TAI'ians,

My Storme's zero dep insurance will be expiring soon 8 days to be exact[roll]
It was insured by National Insurance and was done by the dealer himself as at that time I was too busy with my other works, but was shocked to see the premium was 45000 but it was too late as the policy was already been issued, well that was past.

Now to avoid another huge bill for the renewal I decided to renew it myself online but Alas!! when I put my policy number in the renewal form on the National insurance website, it said the policy is a dealer tie up policy and I cannot renew it..[anger]
http://www.policyholder.gov.in/Report.aspx this is the link
Had a chat with the CC and they said I cannot renew it online but gave me the option to renew it from other company if need be but I won't get cashless facility. Is that right?

Now I am completely noob to all these things so would like a kind soul to please provide me with link to the best possible company which can provide zero dep renewal also any comparison would be beneficial. I checked on policybazar but couldn't get any zero dep one. Also, any knowledge on NCB would be gladly accepted.

Sorry for a long post, but as you know it is urgent. Please help.[confused]
kindly put forward a complaint on the IRDA web site they have control over all insurance companies.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
Tried Policybazaar.com but when I tick the zero dep option the search streamlines to only 2 options that too in excess of 40,000 which is almost equal to what I got for new car.

Any Storme guys can tell me which insurance company will be best and what is the approx quote they got for renewal of zero dep.

Thread Starter #12
Thanks for all the advice guys, went to the National Insurance office, tried a couple of sources and bingo, got a quote which I couldn't have imagined:

Nil depreciation Premium - 24563 INR.
IDV of Storme - 9,60, 000

Online quotes were in excess of 33,000 and with an IDV of less than 8,50,000.

Saved a lot of money.

Cheers guys.[clap]

If I were you I'd go to different insurance companies around and get some quotes. There's definitely a lot of companies too who would insure you cashless and will save you from future troubles. You can ask around or browse online for available comparison website around you.

Hope you are able to sort this one out soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ He already bought it, read post # 12. Yes starting 30-40 days before expiry date and doing research online can give you best quote.

Top Bottom