Car Meets Accident: Need Help To Claim Insurance

Thread Starter #1
Guys
my dezire has hit an tempo today and damage is needed that i will have to take insurance. But my previous car insurance is gonna lapse on 15th july. I have already bought a new policy starting from 16th july (claiming zero claim bonus of 25%)
Now should i wait for 1 week and then claim insurance ?

Re: Car meets accident - need to take insurance

^^ Yes if you claim now, you will lose the NCB. All claims are updated in IRDA website so your new insurer will come to know about your claim. Better make the claim after 16 July.

Post some pictures of the damage.

Thread Starter #3
Re: Car meets accident - need to take insurance

Guys
went to repair shop
He told you will have to take claim today as even if you renew with zero dep, the company will take pictures and hence will not give you claim for current damages
Hence gave car for repair
Total cost=30k
Insurance -20k
own-10k

Now will get next yr insurance modified by telling that i have taken claim and also convert into zero dep

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Chevrolet Sail Fuel Tank in Front + Other Safety Concerns

Okay to get into lighter mood and make me laugh I will narrate the incident as such

last week while driving from Madurai through Sri SaiBaba temple I was driving slowly and around 8pm. a motorbike guy who drove in front of my car suddenly freaked out and stopped in center of the road and luckily (for him) I stopped before hitting him as his bike engine was still running, i didnt know when he stopped but my bumper almost touched the bike silencer and boom. a dent. my first in one year. THe motorbike guy told me he saw a big snake crossing the road infront of his bike..so he stopped in the middle of the road, when trying to file a complaint about the accident, the police said it is not his fault but its Gods wrath. Nagaraja is angry with the motorbike guy. so he need to visit the nag temple and not worry about the accident. Now I am paying another Rs. 1500 from my pocket to fix the body work in the ARAS service center (Nagari, Madurai) planning to take delivery of my car tomorrow. expecting some action before noon. anyways guys. i will just post. pictures and videos of my complaints tomorrow. until then can anyone help me with the insurance procedure?

1. what is the insurance procedure for reporting a claim ?

2. Can I claim insurance coverage for the bodywork (first time) without increasing the premium?

3. What are the possibilities of having a 100% Addon insurance with my present claim?

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom