RTO Help: Buying HR Registered Car & Using in Punjab

Thread Starter #1
Hello all
i planned to buy a used Grand i10 Sportz 1.1 CRDi Model.The car was registered in haryana and i am from punjab.if i buy it,how much i have to pay for the RTO.Can anybody helps me.Or should i buy my local state car [confused]

Re: Help for RTO

Hello all
i planned to buy a used Grand i10 Sportz 1.1 CRDi Model.The car was registered in haryana and i am from punjab.if i buy it,how much i have to pay for the RTO.Can anybody helps me.Or should i buy my local state car [confused]
You have to pay as per Punjab RTO rules. Also, you will require an NOC from Haryana. For same state, if RTO changes you will still require NOC. What I heard is that it's easy to get NOC for intra-state transfer but very difficult for inter-state transfer (don't know how much true it is).

Inquire in the RTOs where you would have to go for getting the transaction done, understand their pulse, and then take a decision. Because, in our Incredible India how bribery law prevails is tough to predict and painfully bribery laws are not written but to be smelt!!!!

As far as possible try in PUNJAB if you are not satisfied with then roam around nearby state.

Few things are required to get other state vehicle transferred to your name,
- NOC from current owner [normally bared by OWNER, but it totally depend on the deal ]
- Need to register in PUNJAB RTO [need to some thousands rupees]
- check for Hypothecation is not present on the car

The best thing will be to get hold of a reputed agent dealing with RTO.
Take his advice also ask him for all the charges, documents required.
They know the best as its their routine job. :)

Top Bottom