No Claim Bonus or Claims Against Damage. What To Choose?

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends, i own a Maruti Swift Dzire LXI, recently my younger brother who is still learning to drive bumped the car with in the garage. The trunk got a very big dent [frustration]. I took the car to the service station and they quoted a whooping 8000 rupees for repairing charges. Now the question is should i pay the charges from my pocket and get the benefits of no claim bonus, or should i go for the insurance claim and get the dent repaired. Please suggest me which one will be more beneficiary?

One more thing to consider will be NCB benefit of subsequent years. If you claim this year, it will start from 0 next year. Alternatively, check out for any good neighbor garages or try having chat with the body shop guys (most of them are contractors, who take up work outside service centers)

Hi friend, welcome to TAI.

Very sorry to hear it.

IMO, if it is a new car then get it repaired by the insurance.
Or else if its a 3 or 4 years old car then its better not to make insurance claim, because your NCB gonna worth more.

Can you post the picture of the dent? If you are not going to claim insurance, then its better to avoid MASS and find a better professional from outside. Its gonna cost you very very less.

Regards.,
Kiran.

+1 to what Anshuman said it also depends upon the parts ,if there are more plastics involved even if you claim insurance ,you may have to cough up some more as depreciation. If a local garage can do it with some 2 -3 k expense don't claim,give it to the local garage.Otherwise ,if you have a Bumper to Bumper insurance coverage and the vehicle is new I would suggest ,go claim the insurance.

Thread Starter #7
Is No Claim Bonus a Really Helpful Add-on in Car Insurance?

Sometimes we don't claim for the damages in order to protect our No Claim Bonus facility. Is it a right approach, what are the things we should keep in mind while protecting our No Claim Bonus Facility?[roll]

Re: Is No Claim Bonus a Really Helpful Add-on in Car Insurance?

Sometimes we don't claim for the damages in order to protect our No Claim Bonus facility. Is it a right approach, what are the things we should keep in mind while protecting our No Claim Bonus Facility?[roll]
@carmania
I heard that we can claim our insurance 3 times in an year,,any above that increases our premium..well you get 50% or 60 but surely the rest will be by INC company..body work preferably should be done in the dealer service center
thank you..

Top Bottom