Honda Brio Insurance Advice

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

My Brio soon will be an year old. So i need to look for the Insurance. Got couple of offers and ICICI Lombard is quoting Highest premium for Zero dep.

IDV is 400k from all. I checked my current Insurance and the IDV was 435k and it was through Honda Assure and policy by ICICI.

Kindly suggest your experiences and views on it on IDV & to whom I should refer.

Thread Starter #4
Re: Honda Brio Problems & Solutions

Yope even I am a bit tilted towards Honda Assure but a bit get carried away by the freebies offered by other providers[;)]

I felt Honda Assure not that great because at the end of the day we need to followup with actual insurance companies for vehicle inspection, quote, approval etc. Hence due to bad experience with Honda Assure I went with Royal Sundram having quote of almost 1.5K lesser than Honda Assure.

Thread Starter #7

I felt Honda Assure not that great because at the end of the day we need to followup with actual insurance companies for vehicle inspection, quote, approval etc. Hence due to bad experience with Honda Assure I went with Royal Sundram having quote of almost 1.5K lesser than Honda Assure.
Thanks Patil. That's a First hand experience. I am scrutinizing my all options[;)]

Thats an eye opener.

Request you to brief on your encounter, so that others can be benefited.

Thats an eye opener.

Request you to brief on your encounter, so that others can be benefited.
Ok here we go:

In early 2013 I accidentally started my car (Brio) while coming out of car and unfortunately the car was in reverse gear with hand break engaged but still car moved backward and banged [frustration] to compound wall of apartment so rear windshield broke, it was in the evening. I think clutch safety switch is not installed in Brio. Next day morning I took car to nearest Honda body shop and had discussion with service person there, the service person claimed that this behavior is common in all Honda cars (starting the car without pressing clutch when gear is engaged). Anyways I left the place after discussion as insurance person did not turn up and I need to attend urgent work at office but I manage to get Insurance person’s number so in the afternoon I started calling him and made sure that he did survey of my car by evening and agreed with quote given by service team. In whole day Honda Assure person never called. Now begin chase with service person to get it repaired after many days of chasing (close to 20 days) and calling many people manage to get car is original condition. Now chase with Insurance person started to get settlement done directly so that I pay minimal (as I had zero dep coverage) amount. In the process of settlement the insurance person miscalculated and shared promise note of payment to service station but I needed to collect car urgently so I paid difference amount (which is much more than what I suppose to pay) and took my car. Next day wrote couple of emails to insurance persons and got difference money deposited to service station tagged with my car so that next time I go for service I can utilize that amount. In all this process Honda Assure NEVER contacted me. Hence I thought that I will not go for Honda Assure.

^^ Honda Assure gives freedom to Service Centre for claims up to 20k. Wasn't that their caption?

This is seriously an eye opener.

Meanwhile, clutch lock isn't there in Honda cars present in our country at least(AFAIK). But yes, definitely a safety feature which should be added by Honda at the earliest.

That is a sour experience you had with the assure. Probably the first i have heard something of this sort.
It is mentioned in the manual not to start the car in gear(I remember reading it but not sure if its really there now) and hence I make it a point to park our brio in neutral with handbrakes engaged.
AFAIK clutch lock will prevent the car being started when in gear. If you make it a habit to park in neutral with hand brakes engaged, you will not really miss clutch lock's absence.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12

@Patil:: That's a sour experience. As it has been projected by dealers if insurance is with Honda Assure you will be at ease but looks like reality is tad different.[evil] could be of one of its case also.

Clutch lock is a surely miss and they should provide it. As no matter what, we tend to miss these few things either in a Hurry or ignorance and even I have a habit to park with Hand break & 1st gear engaged in order to eliminate the case of lever not engaged fully. But before cranking check gear always.[roll]

I heard a similar experience from one of my colleague for his new honda city for which he has to do rigorous followup with the insurance guy and the service team at MAGNUM HONDA, Bangalore[frustration].

Listening that i have also parted with HONDA assure this year and taken online ICICI lombard (Zero dep).

Hi fellow members.

Need to know the premium paid for second renewal, as mine is due this month end.

I'v got a quote (zero dep), Honda Assure-Bajaj Allianz close to 12k for IDV 3.5L , which i feel is on higher side [anger], barely 1k less than last time [surprise].

This is from the dealer in Navi Mumbai where i had bought the car from. However, currently located in Bengalooru, hence need to check with Whitefield Honda in coming days.

Opinions welcomed. [:)]

I got mine for Rs 12264 with IDV of 3.76L from Royal Sundaram. I guess mine was higher side because I could not use No Claim bonus.

Top Bottom