Karnataka RTA Act Amendment

Thread Starter #1
just read that the RTA act of KA had been amended where in any out of state vehicle in KA for more than 30 days will have to pay one time life tax[frustration]. attaching the amended act. hope the legal experts on board can shed some light in this matter.

Attachments

Last edited:
Yes I also saw this, I think its quite UN-constitutional for a democratic country like India. It violates freedom of movement. Golden, can you comment on this.

How will they know if we are staying in KA for more than one month or not in the first place ? Everytime I am caught I will say I was transferred yesterday to Bangalore :tongue:

How will they know if we are staying in KA for more than one month or not in the first place ? Everytime I am caught I will say I was transferred yesterday to Bangalore :tongue:
Well to support this you would need to show the proof of toll pass/ticket. I had done this when I was driving my MH registered Waggie in Hyderabad.

Cops are now a days very diligent. They have a data base where they note down offences by cars in BLR. RTO may check that data base.

Also RTO guys are doing too much, they are barging into multi-storied apartments and sticking notice to non KA cars to pay up tax or produce receipt if already paid.

Well to support this you would need to show the proof of toll pass/ticket. I had done this when I was driving my MH registered Waggie in Hyderabad.
Cops are now a days very diligent. They have a data base where they note down offences by cars in BLR. RTO may check that data base.

Also RTO guys are doing too much, they are barging into multi-storied apartments and sticking notice to non KA cars to pay up tax or produce receipt if already paid.
I have a Honda Activa with AP registration and I got it to Bangalore via railway. [lol]

Bangalore RTA is also active with cameras. They take the pictures of non state vehicles at signals and they produce it before you as a proof of your vehicles existence in the state .Two wheeler are more susceptible as you don't do inter district travel with a 100-150 CC machine.
Now they had made 30 days just to tap in to this market.
It is high time a legislation is made for all of India.
If other states also starts doing the same ,its the travelling bangalorean who is in trouble!

The reason I said its UN-constitutional is some one can travel (tour) parts of Karnataka in well more than 30 days. Why he needs to pay LTT ? Even if he is coughed to pay why not Annual Tax. The last thing which a person would do is to carry a NOC from home state to visit places in KA.
I just cant buy this.

This is a sheer way of harassing the other state motorist in Karnataka.
Why they have the option for the life time tax payment rather they should have the option for Monthly/weekly/daily.Motorist should choose as on need basis.

More over the I think Karnataka is having the one of the highest road tax in India and we know the quality roads of provided by Karnataka government.Not sure about other state but for Bangalore I can vouch for that.

Can somebody illustrate what is the issue if other state vehicle run in other state. What kind of problem happen to the state.

Last edited:
I am very much interested to know as what they will do to vehicles in bordering Villages/Towns of Maharashtra. I know that more than 70% of vehicles in my village (located in Karnataka) have registration from MH09/MH10.

Even Bangalore itself is near to border. Hosur is just 30 kms from here. So indeed they cannot legally put this rule to TN reg vehicles. But I have heard people staying in Hosur and coming to Bangalore regularly also have been fined near Electronics City. AH43/NH7 is a Highway I dont understand how RTO gets audacity to catch and fine vehicles there ?

Omg this is terrible!
Early morning you wake up and open doors and cops land up on your door [rules]
Just can't imagine
What if by chance someone losses toll receipt.car might get impounded[confused]

Top Bottom