Inspection of Car on Buying a New Insurance Policy

Thread Starter #1
Dear Gurus,

There was a break in my car insurance. I got my vehicle inspected by an insurance company which has now insured it. My problem is that the person wrote the inspection survey on his smartphone and finally asked me to sign on the smartphone. However, I was not shown what he wrote. The insurance company is unwilling to tell me what was written that I signed. Can you tell me what could be the future problems, regarding possibility of incorrect pre existing damages recorded in the survey and unknowingly signed by me?

I feel that it is unfair method of obtaining a signature on a blank screen. I never felt that I was signing the report in the process - since I was not told about (I was just told to try to sign on the blank screen).

Now you have signed it,you cant do anything.But just check your car for any damages and know that these will not be covered in case of a claim.Once you get the policy document in hand you can go to the nearest office and check the details.They may refuse a claim if it is done within 1 month.This is because you will be termed as a risk because of the break. No need to worry.

Top Bottom