Gypsy King Ownership and Color Change

Thread Starter #1
Hi Gurus
I recently bought a 1999 Gypsy King and the vehicle is currently undergoing restoration. I want to transfer the vehicle under my name but there are quite a few issues surrounding it.

1.) Currently the vehicle is in the name of Police Commissioner. Previous owner took it from an Auction.
2.) Previous owner had changed the colour of the vehicle from white to black but did not get it changed in RC book.
3.) No Insurance on the vehicle from the last 2 years

Please guide me from where I need to start [frustration]. I checked with few RTO agents but they are quoting high charges. Kindly advice.

350Z

Core Team
I recently bought a 1999 Gypsy King and the vehicle is currently undergoing restoration. I want to transfer the vehicle under my name but there are quite a few issues surrounding it.
Welcome to The Automotive India and congratulations on Gypsy. How about sharing some pictures?

3.) No Insurance on the vehicle from the last 2 years.
It's illegal to drive without insurance. You have to obtain a valid insurance first in order to be able to transfer the ownership.

1.) Currently the vehicle is in the name of Police Commissioner. Previous owner took it from an Auction.
Next and the most important step is to transfer the ownership of vehicle through proper channel.

2.) Previous owner had changed the colour of the vehicle from white to black but did not get it changed in RC book.
Then consider filing a request with RTO to update the change of color on RC or revert to the original color itself if the car is undergoing complete overhaul.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3
Thanks 350Z. Will check out the procedure. Any idea what should be the total costs for transferring the vehicle considering insurance and colour change.

Engine work is currently is on. Don't have too many pics. Few snaps of WIP.

Attachments

Here are few steps to make the vehicle papers in to normalcy [:)]
I assume that you have the auction papers and RC with you.
1)After the vehicle work is done and the vehicle become road worthy you can call an insurance company for inspection of the vehicle .
2)Agree upon the IDV and take an insurance on the current RC holders name.
3)Get the pollution certificate
4)Apply to the RTO for transfer along with the insurance ,pollution certificate and Auction papers.
5)Some fines may need to be paid,but the vehicle will have correct papers.

Congrats for the Gypsy [clap]

Top Bottom