Tata AIG, ICICI or HDFC For Car Insurance?

Thread Starter #1
Just a quick question...

Previously for my old i10 I had ICICI insurance that came with the car. After a major accident at parking lot. I had to claim with insurance and the process was very simple and easy. The service station took care everything.

But now for the new Grand i10 ( which i've booked ) The dealer is offering me TATA AIG instead of ICICI. I know there is something coming in their pockets for bringing new customers to TATA. But question is... Anyone had good experience with TATA AIG Insurance ? As i never tried TATA before and don't know how they work or act with their customers.

The dealer is refusing to go with ICICI, HDFC or any Banks because i think TATA is offering higher commission for them. But I can force him to go with ICICI. Do you think that's best ?

Let me know your thoughts.

350Z

Core Team
The dealer is refusing to go with ICICI, HDFC or any Banks because i think TATA is offering higher commission for them. But I can force him to go with ICICI. Do you think that's best ?
I had a so-so experience with Tata AIG. Dealerships have tie-up with certain companies and they will stick to them. You can otherwise independently get the insurance done.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3
Yea i'm planning to go with ICICI with zero depreciation policy. The person quoted me around 17,000/- if i make it through online. The documentation is also fast, simple and i can easily take print out.

The dealer charged me around 21,000/- for TATA AIG
While the ICICI costs only around 17,000/- Not much of a difference but...I'm thinking only because i used ICICI previously. Do you think i should go with the insurance myself through online or from dealer ? I never done through online, but it seems easy.

Let me know your thoughts.

Last edited:
Hyundai Insurance

Guys I have booked a grand i10 from capital Hyundai noida.The insurance premium for zero dep has been quoted around 18 k.On enquiring they said it is Hyundai insurance,cashless claims across all HASS etc etc. is buying insurance from Hyundai Insurance safe and reliable?Any experiences about Hyundai Insurance will be highly appreciated.

All companies are good and bad. I personally prefer private insurers to PSU insurers. Since all these are private insurers, go for any of them. Also, Tata/ICICI/HDFC all are good. Have a look at the policy features and go for whichever suits you the best.
You do it by yourself or through dealer, all the same at the time of claim. So I always go for online path due to less hassles and I'm sure that online would cheaper than through dealer.

Every company claims to be the best and commit to provide the far better services than others. So to come out of this difficulty i suggest you to compare the policy and then select the one offering best benefits at reasonable premium and be saved from fake commitments.. Here for you i am mentioning some websites too from where you can compare.. policyx Buy Insurance Online India, Compare Insurance Plans India - Online Insurance Comparison India : PolicyX, policy mantra. Hope this helps you choose best.

Last edited:

Top Bottom