Driving Delhi Registered Car in Bangalore

Thread Starter #1
Guys,

I need your advice with this.

I have a project requirement with my current company due to which I need to move to bangalore for few months. I don't want to purchase a new vehicle so basically want to drive my existing car in bangalore.

I have RC registered in my mothers name and then have insurance, pollution all papers intact.

Do i need to re-register my old car in bangalore for few months. it's a 13 yr old car and doing pretty well.

also whats the best way to take my car from Delhi to Bangalore. is it a smooth drive through high way from Delhi to Bangalore ?

Thanks again I look forward to your feed back.

Re: Delhi registration driving in Bangalore

RTO guys are very good in catching out station vehicles in Bangalore. Then they make to pay you hefty fine and taxes (Life Time) for KA.

Having said that, how many days will you stay in Bangalore. If it is less than 6 months no need to pay taxes etc.

As per rule - if it is more than 6 months you need to pay the taxes in migrated state and after 1 year you need to change the number.

TAI -ian Figoan can throw more light on it.

OT - I had driven a DL registered car in BLR for 6 months without any issues. But that was way back in 2005-06.[:D]

RTO guys are very good in catching out station vehicles in Bangalore. Then they make to pay you hefty fine and taxes (Life Time) for KA.

Having said that, how many days will you stay in Bangalore. If it is less than 6 months no need to pay taxes etc.

As per rule - if it is more than 6 months you need to pay the taxes in migrated state and after 1 year you need to change the number.

TAI -ian Figoan can throw more light on it.

OT - I had driven a DL registered car in BLR for 6 months without any issues. But that was way back in 2005-06.
Accidentally spotted this thread while browsing for new threads. Thanks for calling my name out Anushuman.

Guys,

I need your advice with this.

I have a project requirement with my current company due to which I need to move to bangalore for few months. I don't want to purchase a new vehicle so basically want to drive my existing car in bangalore.

I have RC registered in my mothers name and then have insurance, pollution all papers intact.

Do i need to re-register my old car in bangalore for few months. it's a 13 yr old car and doing pretty well.

also whats the best way to take my car from Delhi to Bangalore. is it a smooth drive through high way from Delhi to Bangalore ?

Thanks again I look forward to your feed back.
threeace777 - Firstly, welcome to Bangalore. Here is my understanding in this regard.

To what I have seen so far, I don't really think Bangalore Cops are interested in other state vehicles as I see almost all states' vehicles moving around here. I am here for more than 1.5 Yrs and was never stopped by cops for this reason. Yet, once for Sunfilms, but they never questioned about the Registration. Even if it would happen so, I have done whatever is needed, so no worries.

So to your questions, it's basically about the duration you are planning to be in Bangalore. The process in general is, you need to get a NOC from the existing RTO and should pay the Road Tax to the new RTO within a month's time. Beyond which, it attracts penalty for each month delayed. With Road Tax being paid, you are safe to fly in the City for up to 1 year without changing to KA Registration Number, beyond which you should.

So, if you are going to be here for just a short while, you may choose to skip this tedious procedure. However, you should be in a position to convince the cops if such a situation would arise, else, you will land up paying the hefty Road Tax of Karnataka with Handsome Penalties.

Otherwise, you got to do the entire procedure, however, you have a catch that it's not in your name. So, little more complicated, but not impossible. You may have a look at this thread (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ice-re-registration-process-rto-kr-puram.html) for more valuable information.

dear Raj ,
If you dont have to stay more than a year need not worry about the re registration.
In case if you are asked to pay up there are some techniques to get away
1)Toll receipts/Fuel bill showing that you have arrived recently
2)Your pollution certificate can also tell that you have not been here for more than 6 months.

Drive safe!

@threeace777 - The other option is apply for NOC at Delhi without help of any agents and make sure that you take an acknowledgement from Delhi police/RTO that you have applied for NOC. When you use your car in Bangalore, if at all a cop catches you just produce the acknowledgement from Delhi police and say that I am yet to get NOC from Delhi police, once I get it I will apply for registration change. Benefit of this approach is that you need not bribe police to get your NOC, if you intended to stay longer and plan to transfer registration at later stage then you can use the NOC that is issued. Typically issue of NOC by normal process (without agents) takes long time as they need to verify records across police stations.

Top Bottom