Met Accident - Need Help in Insurance Claim

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys, please give me your advice.

Yesterday someone crashed into the back of my four month old i10. I did not get a penny compensation.

Want I want to know is if I claim my insurance will I loose all my NCB, or just a part of it.

Will it be cheaper for me to pay for it rather than claim insurance. At the moment I have the full 50% NCB.

As the car is pretty new, I prefer to go tho the ASC.

here are some pics.

As you can see, one of the reverse sensors has also popped out and there is a small scratch on the dickey door.

Any idea how much it will cost me?

New car so still sad about it.[cry][cry]

Thanks guys

Attachments

Re: Accident help please

Hi Johnlord,
Sad to know about the accident.How could somebody go scot free after ramming into you?
The rear bumper is broken,needs replacement.It costs 3500 plus painting charges,so in all you may have damages about 6000.
Regards,
Aneesh.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Re: Accident help please

Hi Johnlord,
Sad to know about the accident.How could somebody go scot free after ramming into you?
The rear bumper is broken,needs replacement.It costs 3500 plus painting charges,so in all you may have damages about 6000.
Regards,
Aneesh.[/QUOTE

Unfortunately he was not prepared for a comprise
he said we could make a police complaint. As I was going to a wedding this would have meant lots of time wasted and it was not in my home town so following up would have meant more money wasted.

Thanks for your reply

Really sorry to hear about the incident. Unfortunately, some people act smart taking advantage of situations like this when they know it is an outstation vehicle and won't be willing to go through hurdles. You are not alone sir - many of us would have done the same I think if it is a new place and don't have time to spare as well.

On my 2 month old Ertiga when we are on a day trip with family, one drunk 2 wheeler guy rammed from behind (Deep scratches in bumper, tail lamp broken & dent in the boot). It was easily 10k expenses. But there was no point fighting with him or taking to police station though he was completely at fault. It is so sad and painful - but nothing much we can do some times.

Since your bumper has cracked it need replacement.
Do the math, how much you can save from NCB and how much you need to spend on the repair job.Which ever is lower, go for that. Hope you got my point.

Thread Starter #6
Really sorry to hear about the incident. Unfortunately, some people act smart taking advantage of situations like this when they know it is an outstation vehicle and won't be willing to go through hurdles. You are not alone sir - many of us would have done the same I think if it is a new place and don't have time to spare as well.

On my 2 month old Ertiga when we are on a day trip with family, one drunk 2 wheeler guy rammed from behind (Deep scratches in bumper, tail lamp broken & dent in the boot). It was easily 10k expenses. But there was no point fighting with him or taking to police station though he was completely at fault. It is so sad and painful - but nothing much we can do some times.
Unfortunately there appear to be no real rules in India. In developed countries things are so much easier. About five months ago on my old santro someone rear ended me, again I was out of station and as I was just about to buy the new car I could not waste time & money with a court case.

Since your bumper has cracked it need replacement.
Do the math, how much you can save from NCB and how much you need to spend on the repair job.Which ever is lower, go for that. Hope you got my point.
You are right , cheaper to pay out of my pocket.

So sad, if I crashed I could say its my own fault for being careless, if someone rear ends you what can you do.

Sad for your accident. Better to replace the bumper as its a new car.

I would advise you to get it done by cash and save the insurance for bigger damages (if any).

If you claim insurance you will lose 20% NCB in year 2.

Cheers,
Anshuman

The ASC will definitely replace the bumper. Check the quote for the entire damage, if it is greater than 5k proceed with insurance otherwise dont't opt for it

Sad for your accident. Better to replace the bumper as its a new car.

I would advise you to get it done by cash and save the insurance for bigger damages (if any).

If you claim insurance you will lose 20% NCB in year 2.

Cheers,
Anshuman
Hi anshuman,
"save the insurance for bigger damages (if any)" what do you mean by this?
If we claim insurance once is it not possible to claim damages for another incident? or there is something like an annual limit on the total claim amount.
I too need help to understand as I amplanning to claim insurance for 10K estimated damage.

You can again claim insurance within same year. If it is 10K, it is significant, you can go for insurance claim.
But you will lose your 20% NCB when you renew next year.

Thread Starter #11
Hi anshuman,
"save the insurance for bigger damages (if any)" what do you mean by this?
If we claim insurance once is it not possible to claim damages for another incident? or there is something like an annual limit on the total claim amount.
I too need help to understand as I amplanning to claim insurance for 10K estimated damage.
My HASS told me, even with insurance you will only get 50% of fibre cost, and only 50% of painting cost. So after paying all this not sure whether or not it is worth losing NCB.

@parth1231 did you get your RC book/card yet. I got mine within 10 days without paying any money.

This is what you do., once your details are ready on the MVD site, go to your RTO and tell them you will be travelling out of state in a few days. They will say come back tomorrow and your RC document will be ready for you. If you feel guilty about lying then try and cross your state line.

Last edited:
My HASS told me, even with insurance you will only get 50% of fibre cost, and only 50% of painting cost. So after paying all this not sure whether or not it is worth losing NCB.

@parth1231 did you get your RC book/card yet. I got mine within 10 days without paying any money.

This is what you do., once your details are ready on the MVD site, go to your RTO and tell them you will be travelling out of state in a few days. They will say come back tomorrow and your RC document will be ready for you. If you feel guilty about lying then try and cross your state line.
No I didnt get it yet, Well I need it desperately as I indeed need to cross the state after Diwali.
I think Kerala MVD site is good, Maharastra site does not provide any details. I have received the registration number 1 month back but still waiting for RC.
here's the site link http://www.mahatranscom.in/faq.aspx

Last edited:
Thread Starter #13
No I didnt get it yet, Well I need it desperately as I indeed need to cross the state after Diwali.
I think Kerala MVD site is good, Maharastra site does not provide any details. I have received the registration number 1 month back but still waiting for RC.
here's the site link Motor Vehicles Department ( R.T.O.) , Maharashtra
I think you are right, i looked on your link & could not find a similar section. It might still be worthwhile going to the RTO and trying your luck.

Johnloard. The painting charges/labor charges are covered 100% in insurance for first year. Fiber cost is 50% and that will be just 1-2K for the fiber (bumper) and 4-5K for the painting normally. As it is new, I even ask you to change the stuff what ever you see. Like boot door. etc. Do not worry too much about NCB ! Get your car back as new one. Just for saving 2k, do not do a temporary fix.

Last edited:

Top Bottom