I have mentioned in another thread that I plan to sell my 7 year old Santro, and I am looking into the options to buy a new car. Another idea which was pushed into my mind, was to bring one of the car presently owned by my father for my use.
So here starts my confusion. My dad's car is registered in Bihar, and I presently stay in Bangalore. All I know presently is that I need to get a NOC from Bihar's RTO, and have to register the car in Bangalore within 12 months.
here are my doubts: (please help)
1. Do i need to pay the taxes again while re-registering in karnataka? if yes, what taxes needs to be payed?
2. Can I get refund from Bihar RTO once I get a NOC?
3. What is the cost I need to bear for re-registering in bangalore ( it would be great if someone could explain with an example, say suppose original cost of car is 10 lakhs, car is 3 years old)
4. any link describing the detailed process (step to step would be much appreciated). Bangalore RTO does have a link describing state transfer (Transport Department
), but its not clear what are the CMV27, CMV 28, CMV 33, KMV 27 forms? Any inputs here will be appreciated.
5. Do I need to explicit change ownership from father's name to mine using some special forms, or just showing proof that he is my father, I can get the car registered on my name
6. What happens to insurance? Does it remain valid when I change states? Or do I need to take a new insurance?
7. The change of address from Bihar to Bangalore, can it be done one shot with re-registration or do I need to follow another detailed process of changing the address?
Thanks in advance for the help?