Car Registration Woes

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

I bought my car in Hyderabad. Got registered in Ranga Reddy RTO. Then I moved to Delhi and took the NOC from HYD RTO and re-registered it in Delhi.

Now I'm moving back to HYD. I've applied for NOC in Delhi RTO.
The HYD RTO office still shows the old registration number in my name,
on their site.

My question is, when I go back to HYD, will I get the same number?
Do I need to be under the same RTO office?
Is there any difference in the re-registration process in my case?

Any help is appreciated.

Once an NOC is issued to a car to register to another state the former registration automatically gets cancelled.
So if you are planning to get back to the former state to register you have to get an NOC from Delhi where your car is currently registered.
You will get a fresh number when you register at HYD.
The site is not updated check in person with the RT office.

Last edited:
You have to again re register it in HYD with the Delhi NOC and you will get a new number.
Apart from that you can apply for the tax reimbursement after registration from Delhi and if not done the same HYD, then from there also.

You have to again re register it in HYD with the Delhi NOC and you will get a new number.
Apart from that you can apply for the tax reimbursement after registration from Delhi and if not done the same HYD, then from there also.
Is it possible ???
Any one in this forum know or did get a tax reimbursement ?
Please explain the procedures.

alexddas,

Since i handle company cars for my employer here, i had to part of these. Around 4 of our Bangalore registered cars which re registered here, got the refund after a big follow up with Bangalore RT Office. I had to get CRTI letter from kochi RTO for these. Still i didn't tried/applied for the refund of Road tax paid in Kerala (Kochi RTO) for the cars which re registered later in other states, though the Kochi RT office staff are very supportive.

Last edited:

Top Bottom