Delhi Non-Resident Buying & Registering a Car in Delhi. Possible?

Thread Starter #1
Dear Members,

I will be relocating to Delhi/NCR in December 2013. Will be staying in Noida(rented) and working in Delhi. Planning to book the Old Gen Dzire Tour LXI/LDI in November/Decemebr . The car will ply from Noida to Delhi and back daily.

Is it possible to purchase the car from Delhi considering I won't be having a residential address there? [confused]I understand that the road tax is cheaper in Delhi compared to U.P and hence the question.

Unfortunately I don't have a Delhi address apart from the office address[frustration]. Registration charges I believe stands at 8% of the Ex-showroom price in U.P, whereas Delhi should be around 4% - 5%. The on road price would be considerably cheaper if it has a DL registration[clap].

Your guidance please.

BR

Lawyeronwheelz

Dear Members,

I will be relocating to Delhi/NCR in December 2013. Will be staying in Noida(rented) and working in Delhi. Planning to book the Old Gen Dzire Tour LXI/LDI in November/Decemebr . The car will ply from Noida to Delhi and back daily.

Is it possible to purchase the car from Delhi considering I won't be having a residential address there? [confused]I understand that the road tax is cheaper in Delhi compared to U.P and hence the question.

Unfortunately I don't have a Delhi address apart from the office address[frustration]. Registration charges I believe stands at 8% of the Ex-showroom price in U.P, whereas Delhi should be around 4% - 5%. The on road price would be considerably cheaper if it has a DL registration[clap].

Your guidance please.

BR

Lawyeronwheelz
Dear you can not register a vehicle in delhi unless you have a residence proof. You can find a list of acceptable proof on delhi transport department website it's quite user friendly. As far as road tax is concerned any car costing less than 6lac is cheaper in delhi whereas for more than 6lac exshowroom you will find UP registration cheaper.

Thread Starter #3
Dear you can not register a vehicle in delhi unless you have a residence proof. You can find a list of acceptable proof on delhi transport department website it's quite user friendly. As far as road tax is concerned any car costing less than 6lac is cheaper in delhi whereas for more than 6lac exshowroom you will find UP registration cheaper.
Dear me2us2me,

This is what I had apprehended[frustration]

Thanks for the guidance anyways[:)]

BR

Lawyeronwheelz

Top Bottom