RTO Rules For Converting Private Car Into Taxi (T-Permit)

Thread Starter #1
Hello guys ,after searching so much I did not find any info abt the t permit and its related issues.if something exists then kindly merge this thread into that thread. I want to ask you abt what all things required for t permit conversion and rto rules and taxes to be paid each year, and documents req. For t permit registration.

Thread Starter #2
can anybody guide me regarding this?its very urgent. kindly help me vibhor.

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
can anybody guide me regarding this?its very urgent. kindly help me vibhor.
Hi Parag. First off, You must have the following requisites to obtain an all India tourist permit for a cab.

> The car should be five seater.

> The color of car is only allowed to be white.

> You should have an authorized parking space.

> You should have a working official telephone number.

> You will have to pay the appropriate taxes on state borders.

You will be charged for conversion fee and separate taxes if applicable. It’s best to contact a reliable RTO agent for exact procedure and fee since it differs from state to state.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #4
hi everyone, i have booked wagon r bakers chocolate T permit and expecting it on ganesh chaturthi. actually there was no long process for t permit. i told the showroom person to do it.
following points may be noted.
1) for t permit, you need to have a valid gumasta certificate.(1st condition)
2) a valid parking letter from society or from the place where you are about to park your vehicle.(as far as thane RTO is concerned)
3) a rubber stamp of your company and if poss. IT returns is required even if you have started your business recently.(show loss or profit less thn the limit)
4) it took me almost 1 month to get my gumasta due to government nakhre and home based gumasta.
5) what i came to know about the reg. is that the t permit reg. is less costly then private number plate.
6) u need to renew insurance as well as reg. every year.(unlike only insurance in case of private number plate.)
7) so approx. 25,000 to 35,000/- is the lump sum expense you can expect at the end of each year which will get reduced as the years pass.
8) initially i was about to transfer my privious private car to t permit and to reg. the new vehicle private. but somebody told me that private can be converted into t permit but it will cost you 35 to 40,000 and my car will get 2nd hand. and again i will not get my life time tax back which i had paid during my reg. of the 1st private vehicle( grey wagon r). so dropped the idea.
now expecting my new baby called wagon r t permit in coming week..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mr. Parag,

I m planning to buy a car for taxi business. Can you please suggest me following
1. Which cheapest car I can buy?
2. Petrol+CNG or Diesel+CNG???
3. How can I get T permit? Residence Bhayander, Pin Code - 401105
4. How can I get Gomasta license?
5. I m planning to engage the car with some agencies. Can you suggest any agencies which can give more profit. OLA, UBER, TAB-CAB etc..

Thanks.
Makrand Sakpal

Hi friends,
We from Mumbai, have a private owned car Celerio mfg. Dec, 2014 which was purchased in Feb, 2015 by us . My husband owns a license from June,2015. We are planning very eagerly to transfer our car to T-permit.
My questions are as follows:
1) Is it necessary to have a T-permit license of the owner?
2) If yes, then is it necessary to have a normal license a year old to convert it into T-permit?
3) If not then what is the other way to convert it as soon as possible?
4) Any other documents required for same?
5) We have driver with T-permit license, do we still need to transfer our license from normal one?
Please help me with same as soon as possible. Its very urgent.

Hello Mr. Makrand,

Uber is comparitively profitable.

Procedure to convert private vehicle to commericial ?

My car is idle most of the time. I wish to add an LPG tank and get a T- permit to comply with ola/uber ,what needs to be done ?

Not required
Converting an existing Non Taxi to Taxi permit will incur loss on your side as the Life time tax you had paid is still at the RTO. Approch the RTO for the change.
Required documents will be asked by the RTO.All your address proof and ID proof is required. It will be a re registration.
5) We have driver with T-permit license, do we still need to transfer our license from normal one?
No.

Not required
Converting an existing Non Taxi to Taxi permit will incur loss on your side as the Life time tax you had paid is still at the RTO. Approch the RTO for the change.
Required documents will be asked by the RTO.All your address proof and ID proof is required. It will be a re registration.
No.

So converting your private vehicle into taxi is not an good idea? But is it possible to do so?

Top Bottom