Requesting Information To Claim Insurance

Thread Starter #1
Hello,

I bought a new amaze car and unfortunately had an accident while parking.
the front bonnet and two doors have scratches.

the car is in the dakshin honda, bangalore workshop and they claim 45 days and claim that the parts need to be ordered from japan/thailand.

I do not believe this and would like to know how is dakshin honda in dealing with repairs. Are they clear in their practices or they cheat?

I have a 0% depreciation policy from bharati axa.
in addition I was told that I need to pay upfront as cashless is not available since the insurance is in close proximity.

Can I know if this is true?
ANy other advice would be welcome.

Re: request for info in claiming insurance.

you need to check up with bharti axa to corss check which service centre have cashless facility with honda A.S.S.

if they have cashless claims for dakshin honda , call your insurance company and tell them to do with the survey and other formalities.

Check with B.Axa if they have cashless with Honda. If they dont have you may have to pay up.
What are the exact damaged parts? I dont think if panels need to be changed, they are to be sourced from Thailand. There must be some critical component involved in here.

Hi, Can you provide details of the estimate that Honda provided?

I dont think that body damage can take 45 days.

Chayan

Thread Starter #5

Hi, Can you provide details of the estimate that Honda provided?

I dont think that body damage can take 45 days.

Chayan
thanks to all for your help.

as of now the damage is front bumper, front bonnet, may be radiator-condensor, two side doors have scratches and the honda executive claims that he will have to order all of them.

I am sure, dakshin honda gains if they fit new parts rather than fix existing ones.
When I asked him if amaze is manufactured in india why he needs to import and he says that some parts may not be available in Noida.

I see that he is clearly very slow in doing the work.
Do you think I should move the car to another service station i.e. WhiteField Honda, Bangalore.

Regards

thanks to all for your help.

as of now the damage is front bumper, front bonnet, may be radiator-condensor, two side doors have scratches and the honda executive claims that he will have to order all of them.

I am sure, dakshin honda gains if they fit new parts rather than fix existing ones.
When I asked him if amaze is manufactured in india why he needs to import and he says that some parts may not be available in Noida.

I see that he is clearly very slow in doing the work.
Do you think I should move the car to another service station i.e. WhiteField Honda, Bangalore.

Regards
Should you move the car to another ASS? Definitely worth checking out if they provide a lesser quote.
I think if insurance covers it, then just try to get the car as fast as possible and not be concerned about the cost. Hence depends on how much they are covering it as I think all the damages did not happen in a single incident so they will definitely filter some claims out.

If they have already started the work, then it will be difficult to move to another HASS. Ask him clearly which are imported parts and which are from Noida. Getting panels from Noida will be no easy as whatever manufactured will go for fulfilling the demand for wait listed new cars. Imported parts also will take time.
All in all 30-45 days i think is justified for a medium scale repair for a newly launched car.
Try to reach to higher Honda officials to get things moving.

For body scratch ,they are replacing the whole parts. I am not Honda owner, just asking why it can not be repaired. I can understand about the Radiator stuff .

My suggestion would be, cross check with other ASS. Then proceed for repair.

Get an estimate, remember if you claim you lose your no claims bonus, and you will have to start again from scratch.
Johnlord

NCB is just only 5% of his insurance amount and it is a new car. I think the total amount of accident repair will come four times more than that amount. So it is not possible here.

Thread Starter #11
The bonnet definitely needs to be replaced as it is bent awakwardly.

Not sure why honda chose to keep the radiator so low behind the bumper.
The insurance is 0% depreciation and the service advisor was saying that the estimate could be 1L, not sure why.

I will get back as soon as I have more information.
any other information would be welcome since I have no knowledge about insurance.

Johnlord

NCB is just only 5% of his insurance amount and it is a new car. I think the total amount of accident repair will come four times more than that amount. So it is not possible here.
First year the NCB is 20% and it varies after that.

The bonnet definitely needs to be replaced as it is bent awakwardly.

Not sure why honda chose to keep the radiator so low behind the bumper.
The insurance is 0% depreciation and the service advisor was saying that the estimate could be 1L, not sure why.

I will get back as soon as I have more information.
any other information would be welcome since I have no knowledge about insurance.
May be they want to milk the insurance, better as B.Axa to do survey also before any work is done. Else later it would difficult for you to get money from them.

Thread Starter #13
First year the NCB is 20% and it varies after that.

May be they want to milk the insurance, better as B.Axa to do survey also before any work is done. Else later it would difficult for you to get money from them.
thanks. the SA told me that cashless will not be possible as the policy is in close proximity and I need to claim the money from insurance company later. what exactly is this? is there any way B AXA can deny the money of part of the money since I need to pay to dakshin honda first and claim later.

Thanks.

thanks. the SA told me that cashless will not be possible as the policy is in close proximity and I need to claim the money from insurance company later. what exactly is this? is there any way B AXA can deny the money of part of the money since I need to pay to dakshin honda first and claim later.

Thanks.
Yes that is what I am saying. B Axa may very well deny you to pay full money.
e.g. Dakshin Honda is replacing bonnet, B.Axa can say it was repairable , hence we would not pay for that. So better than having hassles later, please inform B Axa and ask their surveyor to validate the estimate given by Dakshin Honda.
If the surveyor comes, Dakshin Honda also will soften down.

Thread Starter #15
Yes that is what I am saying. B Axa may very well deny you to pay full money.
e.g. Dakshin Honda is replacing bonnet, B.Axa can say it was repairable , hence we would not pay for that. So better than having hassles later, please inform B Axa and ask their surveyor to validate the estimate given by Dakshin Honda.
If the surveyor comes, Dakshin Honda also will soften down.
Hello,

The update I have today is

- SA told me that he has done the estimation to be around 1.10 laks and he is going to order it. When I asked about the servey being done he said when the parts come he will ask the survey officer to re-do the inspection and he is not ready to give me the number of survey officer.

- Can I know the exact procedure for this?

Regards

Top Bottom