Issue with EMI Payment

Thread Starter #1
Hi mates

I bought my car on loan from Federal Bank. EMIs are being paid monthly from my SBI saving account. I opted for ECS. So every month EMI gets debited automatically.

All was going smooth until this month. On 11th Federal bank called my family and informed that no payment has been made for month of June, and delay would lead to an action. Since I am sailing right now, I got worried. Contacted SBI. They said Federal bank has not claimed the ECS. If they claim they will get it. As my account has enough funds.

After this I wrote emails to both Federal bank and SBI. Federal bank replied something worthwhile only today. While no reply or acknowledgement of my emails from SBI !! Federal bank just replied that they tried to claim ECS on 5th June, which failed. They are keeping mum to my following queries

1. Did you retry to claim ECS? Why didnt contact me before 10th June?
2. What was the reason for failure of the transaction?
3. What will be your course of action now?
4. How will the pending EMI be paid?
5. Will I be fined for the delay (No fault of mine)? If yes. How much?

Well I am repeatedly asking them again and again by emails.

Anybody faced similar situation or have some expert comments. Help please.

I do not think ,in case auto debit/ECS fails they can do it again in same month. They have to do a manual debit.
Best option for you is to give a cheque/pay in cash for this month only. I hope some one can do it for you in Bangalore.

I dont think mails will do any good. Some one has to visit the branch.

Similar thing happened for me in Bank of Baroda, where they did not auto debit my savings account for ongoing R/D. After I enquired, they found that auto-debit end date was wrongly put in their system.

Thread Starter #3
It seems no one has faced such problem. Thanks Anshuman for your views.

What irritates me is that my bank hasn't yet replied. I am definitely going to change my bank
when I am back home.

Top Bottom