How To Choose Best Car Insurance Policy?

Thread Starter #1
I own Fiat Grande Punto 2012. Now, its approaching 1 year, and its time to renew the Insurance. In the last few days, I've been receiving lots of calls, mails and letters from the Insurance companies. Each of them are quoting different prices. What all should I look for before deciding which company to go for? Please guide me.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
As per Dharmesh, I too did a search in policy bazar and got a policy from Bajaj Allianz for almost 2000 lesser than the Maruti (Royal Sundaram) Insurance. Value of the vehicle is 451000 in Bajaj where in Maruti it is 4000 cheaper.

They (Bajaj) got a 24x7 spot assistance even for a flat tyre [surprise]. Let me see how it works :) . Cashless facility with Bimal Service center too.
As it was nearing the date, I did not read much on Bajaj allianz. Hope it is good . Reliance/Bharati Axa was even cheaper. But 24x7 spot assistance made me to buy it.

Thanks

Well Anand,
I would like to tell you that if you are getting quotes from different companies then it is really good for you, as it will reduce your efforts of finding right one for you. I too follow same process before I finalize with Liberty Videocon car insurance, it really help me a lot.
Just compare the quotes all together with respect to their premium rates, coverage, claim, claim processing time, assistance for claiming and customers feedback (You can get it on company websites); it will make you choose best auto insurance out of all.

the premium should not be the deciding factor. Verify the feedback online by existing customers. What matters most in time of distress/accident, which insurance company settles your claim with least fuzz, quickly and best value.

I have had experience with my friend's car which when met an accident, the service center completely rejected tie up with the insurance company he had taken insurance from. So instead he had to run along and get the quotation of damages, get it verified, and then when it got approved, the service center started working on it. In my case, since i took insurance through the dealer, in case of settlement, I just had to go and sign. Rest all was taken care by the service assistant and the insurance agent within the service center. They had started with the repairs even before the insurance company had given the cheque. I did have peace of mind in the whole process, and man it was quick.

Rightcar

Suspended
My friend too have the same doubt while he bought a car. Later he dealed with many insurance agents and technicians to choose which one is best. I hope even this will provide him a better idea to choose the best policy.

@appus:
why don't you compare directly between Bajaj Allianz v/s Royal Sundaram from their respective websites. I guess the royal sundaram quote directly from their website will be lesser than what Maruti is quoting, because I have observed such thing in my case (Honda assure via Royal Sundaram v/s direct Royal Sundaram, the difference was more than 2K).

Rightcar

Suspended
In major, there are seven types of car insurance policies are available such as liability insurance, collision insurance, comprehensive insurance, uninsured motorist protection, medical/personal injury protection, no-fault insurance and gap insurance. Among this collision insurance is one of the best car insurance policies.

Rightcar

Suspended
Auto liability insurance coverage pays for the damage if you are legally responsible for accidentally injuring someone, or for damaging another vehicle or other property in an auto accident.

Auto liability coverage falls into two categories:

Bodily Injury Liability
Property Damage Liability

Auto liability insurance also pays leagal defense and court costs to the people.

Hi. Every company comes up with different plans and claims to be best. It becomes difficult for a common man to decide which to choose from the bucket. Well i would like to suggest you to better compare the policy before buying it. By comparing it will become easy for you which to avail according to your needs and be saved from fake commitments.

It is very important to have a clear idea about the components of a Car Insurance before buying one as owning a Car Insurance is mandatory in India. Below is the step by step process to choose the best car insurance policy -

1) Know about the Car Insurance Components
2) Check for the Add On Covers the company is Offering
3) Check for the Car Insurance Companies Review
4) Check the Cashless Garage Network
5) Compare Car Insurance Online
6) Claim Settlement Record of the Company

Hope it has helped you :)

Top Bottom