Urgent: Using Tamil Nadu Registered Bike in Karnataka?

Thread Starter #1
Guys,

Recently my Brother-in-Law we brought a new Honda Bike in Vellore(TN). As he is working in B'lore, he shifted his bike from Vellore(TN) to B'lore(KA).

Is there any NOC is needed to ride his TN reg. bike in KA? If yes, what I need to do?

Even some of my friends riding there Vellore(TN) Reg. bikes in B'lore(KA) without any NOC, but my BIL friends says that he needs NOC.

I'm confused[confused], please help me on this.

Thanks in Advance:)

Re: Urgent : TN Reg. Bike in KA??

Not sure about NOC, but if he has a license from TN he can always escape cops by saying that he is a tourist[:)]

Thread Starter #3

Not sure about NOC, but if he has a license from TN he can always escape cops by saying that he is a tourist[:)]

Yes Buddy, he have license and all the proper documents of the Bike.

But, some of his friends confused him by saying about NOC. Even this matter is new for me too[:D]

Guys,

Recently my Brother-in-Law we brought a new Honda Bike in Vellore(TN). As he is working in B'lore, he shifted his bike from Vellore(TN) to B'lore(KA).

Is there any NOC is needed to ride his TN reg. bike in KA? If yes, what I need to do?

Even some of my friends riding there Vellore(TN) Reg. bikes in B'lore(KA) without any NOC, but my BIL friends says that he needs NOC.

I'm confused[confused], please help me on this.

Thanks in Advance:)
He would need NOC to pay taxes and re-register the bike in KA RTO in case stay is more than 12 months. By the way which area is your BIL residing/working? There are specific places where RTO checks happen on regular basis for outstation vehicles.

I guess people will not tour from Vellore to Bangalore by bike.[:D]

Cheers,
Anshuman

Thread Starter #5

He would need NOC to pay taxes and re-register the bike in KA RTO in case stay is more than 12 months. By the way which area is your BIL residing/working? There are specific places where RTO checks happen on regular basis for outstation vehicles.

Thanks for the Info buddy.

He is residing in Jigini(Bannarakatta road) and even he has Doctor sticker on his bike[:D].

He often visit Meenkashi Mahal during week ends, on this Jigini to Meenakshi mall road, before the NICE road flyover, the forest like area is there(Don't know the name of the place). there I've seen Police guys checking two wheelers regularly.

How the Police guys came know about the period of staying in B'lore?

Thanks for the Info buddy.

He is residing in Jigini(Bannarakatta road) and even he has Doctor sticker on his bike[:D].

He often visit Meenkashi Mahal during week ends, on this Jigini to Meenakshi mall road, before the NICE road flyover, the forest like area is there(Don't know the name of the place). there I've seen Police guys checking two wheelers regularly.

How the Police guys came know about the period of staying in B'lore?
The area you mentioned is outskirts. Very few Cop pickets are there.
Duty Cops will not bother you much as long as you follow rules and carry all docs. You can tell them you came 15 days back.

The concern is RTO guys. Once they catch you they will make you pay Taxes+Penalty. Though the 12 months rule is there no amount of arguments are valid for them. They check Blackberry records and toll gate records to match your first date of arrival. Tech-Savvy [frustration] .One of my friends had to pay fine+taxes amounting to nearly 1.5lacs for new 6 months old KL reg Verna at electronics city limits.

Cheers,
Anshuman

Thread Starter #7

The concern is RTO guys. Once they catch you they will make you pay Taxes+Penalty. Though the 12 months rule is there no amount of arguments are valid for them. They check Blackberry records and toll gate records to match your first date of arrival. Tech-Savvy [frustration] .One of my friends had to pay fine+taxes amounting to nearly 1.5lacs for new 6 months old KL reg Verna at electronics city limits.

Cheers,
Anshuman
He will definitely carry all documents and will follow the rules for sure.

But Buddy, Two-wheelers don't have any tickets or proof from Toll-gates[confused].

most probably he may visit Hosur toll or Electronic city very rarely. but, there are more chances to visit the main city.

BTW, It is just a two months old Bike. In-case if we need to re-register in KA, how much it will cost any idea?

I am using a TN bike for the past 10 years. I had to get NOC from Chennai and then paid the tax here. I have not changed the Reg. (still TN). The cops only ask to see the KA tax receipt and then let you go if your insurance, PUC and license are valid.

Thread Starter #9

I am using a TN bike for the past 10 years. I had to get NOC from Chennai and then paid the tax here. I have not changed the Reg. (still TN). The cops only ask to see the KA tax receipt and then let you go if your insurance, PUC and license are valid.

That is really a good news HR[clap]

I'll call you now for more details[;)]

Exactly, u need to pay KA tax (life time) at concerned RTO and keep the receipt handy, along with other valid documents. This would ensure you keep the registration as TN, but still ride in Bangalore without any trouble.

You would require the unloading of bike (entry detail of bike into city), address proof, RC Copy, Insurance Copy and PUC (for bikes older than 1 yr from date of reg.), along with form (i cant recollect the no.) and submit at the RTO, wherein you reside.

I have paid this in 2005, for my KL bike and rode it for 4yrs during my Engineering days without any trouble. [:)]

Really not a problem, there are many TN vehicles in bangalore and its never been a problem, unless you break rules no vehicles especially (TN) vehicles are never being caught, i ride both TN and KA (cars) and its all the same for me and have never seen a difference till now

Bangalore/bangalore Cops are very friendly when compared with other state's/city as far as i have seen [:)]

By the way i guess i spotted your Dad driving your car towards hosur yesterday evning at around 5:30PM, how i could recollect was the number ended with 2333 and Er .. hope am i correct ?

Thread Starter #12

Really not a problem, there are many TN vehicles in bangalore and its never been a problem, unless you break rules no vehicles especially (TN) vehicles are never being caught, i ride both TN and KA (cars) and its all the same for me and have never seen a difference till now

Bangalore/bangalore Cops are very friendly when compared with other state's/city as far as i have seen

By the way i guess i spotted your Dad driving your car towards hosur yesterday evening at around 5:30PM, how i could recollect was the number ended with 2333 and Er .. hope am i correct ?

Thanks for the Info Buddy,

Yes, You are right[clap].As I'm in Chennai on weekdays, my Dad went to B'lore from Vellore on Wednesday Night to pick my Mom from my Sister's home and returned to Vellore by yesterday evening. And My car number Ends with 3222 and my Degree on the rear windshield [:D]

If I was there I would have meet you[:)], Next time When I come I'll ping you, so that we can meet some where.

Last edited:
My friend who got KL registration keep the receipts of fuel filling when ever he goes to Hosur/Kerala. He says that is more than enough to prove you came to Bangalore after that. So far, he was successful in it. I bought KA registration just to avoid all these fuss.

If tax is not much (under 5k), i would still suggest to pay rather than taking these risks or showing 'bills'

Bannerghatta / Jigini / Meenakshi Mall are having less checking compared to city. Even if the cop catches you, they take 100Rs.

Thread Starter #14
Exactly, u need to pay KA tax (life time) at concerned RTO and keep the receipt handy, along with other valid documents. This would ensure you keep the registration as TN, but still ride in Bangalore without any trouble.

You would require the unloading of bike (entry detail of bike into city), address proof, RC Copy, Insurance Copy and PUC (for bikes older than 1 yr from date of reg.), along with form (i cant recollect the no.) and submit at the RTO, wherein you reside.

I have paid this in 2005, for my KL bike and rode it for 4yrs during my Engineering days without any trouble. [:)]
My friend who got KL registration keep the receipts of fuel filling when ever he goes to Hosur/Kerala. He says that is more than enough to prove you came to Bangalore after that. So far, he was successful in it. I bought KA registration just to avoid all these fuss.

If tax is not much (under 5k), i would still suggest to pay rather than taking these risks or showing 'bills'

Bannerghatta / Jigini / Meenakshi Mall are having less checking compared to city. Even if the cop catches you, they take 100Rs.

Thanks for your valuable information HR, Appus, bReeze AkA brIo, Swift&furious and anshuman8 [clap]

Now, I got a clear idea about what to do.

1. Getting a letter/certificate from local police station at Vellore.
2. Get the NOC from Vellore RTO with the help of Police letter/certificate.
3. Paying the Road tax at B'lore RTO by showing the NOC from Vellore RTO.

I asked my BIL to check the Roadtax at B'lore from nearby RTO office and asked my Dad to get the letter/certificate from local police station at Vellore[:)]

Last edited:
2. Get the NOC from Vellore RTO with the help of Police letter/certificate.
You need not get this done, because this will lead to transfer of vehicle from TN to KA (respective RTO).

Only local police NOC is required, which is a clearance that vehicle isnt stolen or involved in any unwanted crimes / accidents.

Top Bottom