Queries On Driving License Delivery (Urgent)

Thread Starter #1
Last 22nd Feb, I had the DL test at Indranagar,Bangalore RTO office after 1 month of getting my LL. After the test ,they asked me to mention the current address/address mentioned in the LL to deliver the smart card by speed post.When I asked about the delivery time the person said it will take 20days to deliver the DL. As I am going to change my place next month effective March1st , I asked the RTO person about this , he said you can't mention a different delivery address for DL, it should be same as mentioned in the LL.
The question I have is as below.
If they take 20 days to deliver the DL by speed post , then I will not be available at the address mentioned in the envelope or my current address.So the smart card will be again return to RTO office? How to collect it ? Need your suggestion asap as my vehicle will be delivered by March 20th and I need my DL asap.

Thanks in advance..
Prasanna

Re: Queries on DL delivery : URGENT

Ask someone to be present there at your old address or if its rented then ask the new owner to take the delivery of your DL courier and inform you,but before that you need to confirm when would it be delivered from RTO,or if they can hand you over itself in their RTO office.
Also for time period, you can apply to the post office to deliver all the couriers in your name on your old address to the new address,that facility is provided by post office as well.

Last 22nd Feb, I had the DL test at Indranagar,Bangalore RTO office after 1 month of getting my LL. After the test ,they asked me to mention the current address/address mentioned in the LL to deliver the smart card by speed post.When I asked about the delivery time the person said it will take 20days to deliver the DL. As I am going to change my place next month effective March1st , I asked the RTO person about this , he said you can't mention a different delivery address for DL, it should be same as mentioned in the LL.
The question I have is as below.
If they take 20 days to deliver the DL by speed post , then I will not be available at the address mentioned in the envelope or my current address.So the smart card will be again return to RTO office? How to collect it ? Need your suggestion asap as my vehicle will be delivered by March 20th and I need my DL asap.

Thanks in advance..
Prasanna

The DL comes by speed post only. If no one is there to receive it on you r behalf then it will go back to RTO and you will have have to collect the same.

The Jayanagar RTO guys said me the same 2 months back when I renewed my 2W license.

Thanks,
Anshuman

Top Bottom