Bumper Damaged in an Accident. Insurance Claim Process?

Thread Starter #1
Guys my brother in law met an accident with his new Eon car yesterday as he is very new to driving.Yesterday morning when he was driving all alone for the very first time,he lost control and hit a corner of a wall.He is ok and unhurt by the gress of god but car from bumper damaged and broke just below the head light.Pls guys let me know the process of claiming Insurance from Iffco-Tokio and is there any limit of claim that he can make within 1 year?thanks in advance.

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
*visit your hyundai authorised service station.

*ask for the guys from bodyshop or the insurance claim guys.

*take the insurance cover note with you, Original RC and one valid driving license.

*get the job card open.

*ask them when the insurance guy will come to inspect your car. ( usually they come after the day you leave the car at the service center)

*the service center guys will give you a claim form. fill in the details and the reason and place and time where the accident took place.

*come back home and wait for 2-3 days [:D]

Re: Bumper damaged in an accident, Insurence claim process-

Your sister-in- law is a male? [lol] interesting... [confused]
Please give him time to edit the post,there is a PM option there if you cannot resist giving a comment.

@swiftkolkata

GD report or an FIR is not needed as it is not a major accident,fill the claim form giving the details of the incident. Original RC book,Driving License,and the insurance policy to be produced,as it is a new vehicle you have the eligibility of getting the claim without any depreciation, a 1000k will be charged as policy excess.some insurance company may cut short the claim for the bumber to 50% even though it is a new vehicle it depends.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

@swiftkolkata

GD report or an FIR is not needed as it is not a major accident,fill the claim form giving the details of the incident. Original RC book,Driving License,and the insurance policy to be produced,as it is a new vehicle you have the eligibility of getting the claim without any depreciation, a 1000k will be charged as policy excess.some insurance company may cut short the claim for the bumber to 50% even though it is a new vehicle it depends.
posting just for knowledge for others - fir is only needed when a 3rd party is involved. you have to make an affidavite stating that insurance company will not be liable to pay any expenses to the 3rd party.

and since the engine is less than 1500 cc only 500 rupees will be charged for the claim and yes insurance will pay only 50% of the total expense if he has a normal insurance and not zero depreciation policy.

Are you sure that he can claim full amount and no depreciation JUST because the car is new. For what I knew was to claim full amount your insurance should have an extra ZERO-DEP cover purchased.

Also, 1000 would be deducted and not 1000K, typo ofcourse. [;)]

freakdude.

Your sister-in- law is a male? [lol] interesting... [confused]
You should know that in Kolkata, addressing a person is normally done by 'he' irrespective of gender, same as they do when speaking in hindi. Nothing humorous about it!!

Obviously no FIR is needed to be done. And FIR against whom, the wall?

@Swiftkolkata: Relax buddy, tell your sis in law to relax too and take the car to workshop along with all the papers as Alexdas mentioned. Everything would be fine, its just a normal case of minor accident.

Thread Starter #9

You should know that in Kolkata, addressing a person is normally done by 'he' irrespective of gender, same as they do when speaking in hindi. Nothing humorous about it!!

Thanks rightnow,bt its my mistake that i have written sister-in-law instead of brother-in-law.

@Swiftkolkata: Relax buddy, tell your sis in law to relax too and take the car to workshop along with all the papers as Alexdas mentioned. Everything would be fine, its just a normal case of minor accident.
Thanks to all for your quick reply.

Are you sure that he can claim full amount and no depreciation JUST because the car is new. For what I knew was to claim full amount your insurance should have an extra ZERO-DEP cover purchased.

Also, 1000 would be deducted and not 1000K, typo ofcourse. [;)]

freakdude.
+100
That was a mistake from my part as i am used of the Bumper to Bumper policy,

And the policy excess is charged at the delivery of the vehicle after claim which is a 1000k and 2000k for 1500cc above, and a 20% bonus is depreciated at the time of renewal of the policy.

A 0% depreciation is there for metal parts till 6 months and a 5% depreciation on metal parts after 6 months to one year,and 50% on fibre parts even if it is a new car(i was wrong on the previous post sorry)on normal comprehensive policies.

And for a very latest update Policies from Feb 1 onwards a 1250k will be charged for painting for 10000k even if it is a new car.

Last edited:

FIR is First Investigation Report,that can be taken against the driver who drove the car if the owner of the wall insist to take a case on the incident.
Even with that FIR the car can avail claim.

@allhudaicars

Correct me if i am wrong please.

Last edited:
It is not a big issue..just chill.

If the owner of the wall want to recover money for his damage, then in that case you must need the FIR stuff for insurance company proof purpose.

If that is not the case then, just walk into to the Hyundai Body Repair shop with Car RC Book in Original, Drive License in Original, Insurance paper in Original. Rest leave to the guy who handle these insurance stuff at the workshop.

Top Bottom