Comprehensive Vs Third Party Insurance

Which Insurance Type?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
Mods,
I did not find any other threads on this, if their is one please redirect.

I just find out that their are two types of insurance Comprehensive and third party Insurance . Both Insurance covers are different Comprehensive being "non collision" and third party being " collision insurance ".

So the question how should one decide which one to go for ?
When a insurance is bought from the car dealer , what kind of insurance is provided by default ?
Does one single insurance policy covers both kinds or they have to bought separately?
Accessories like HU's and others which are bought after the car is purchased need to be insured separately under comprehensive ?[confused]

I just found out that there are two types of insurance - Comprehensive and third party Insurance.
So the question how should one decide which one to go for ?
When a insurance is bought from the car dealer , what kind of insurance is provided by default ?
Does one single insurance policy covers both kinds or they have to bought separately?
Accessories like HU's and others which are bought after the car is purchased need to be insured separately under comprehensive ?
Third party insurance is the one which is a must for any vehicle on the road as per Motor vehicle act/Govt rules.

Third party insurance covers only the compensation part for a third party in case of an accident.

To cover your vehicle against accidental damages or theft etc, you need to have comprehensive cover.

Comprehensive cover along with vehicle damge/theft cover, include third party cover also.

{Then there are added things like, Zero depreciation, back to Invoice, Road side assistance, inconvenience allowance and several such add ons with additional premium.}

Car dealers normally offer comprehensive cover while you purchase a new car.

It is always better to take comprehensive cover (along with some of the add ons) for a new car.

If you are buying the car through a loan from a finance company/bank, then comprehensive cover is a must till the loan amount is paid back.

For accessories and after market fitments has to be included as add on after a survey/assessment of value by the insurance company.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #3
Thanks autosafari, I see that you have mentioned " Third party insurance is the one which is a must for any vehicle on the road as per Motor vehicle act/Govt rules " and also
" It is always better to take comprehensive cover (along with some of the add ons) for a new car "
? So it basically means that I get a comprehensive+3rd party insurance ?

Thanks autosafari, I see that you have mentioned " Third party insurance is the one which is a must for any vehicle on the road as per Motor vehicle act/Govt rules " and also
" It is always better to take comprehensive cover (along with some of the add ons) for a new car "
? So it basically means that I get a comprehensive+3rd party insurance ?
As mentioned in the fourth line in earlier post, comprehensive cover always include third party cover also.

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Third party, Thats just a donation i feel. Never ever it has been practical to pay the third party lossed via insurance. No one waits weeks for the lenghty legal process. Its just there becuase its compulsary.

Comprehensive, The depreciation is way too much. Also premiums are high. I feel add on packs are better for few bucks extra. Kindly add that option please.

Top Bottom