SORRY if its wrong section but could not find anything closer to this topic.
Driving License HYD – Now Delhi DL needed..!!!
I have DL (2 and 4 wheeler) from Hyderabad AP which is valid for another 15 years.
I have now shifted to New Delhi and have rented a place here and intend to live here only.
I want to apply for DELHI DL and have no vehicle currently.
When I contacted Delhi Transport Govt Centre No. 9311900800 (Transport
I was told the following options:
1. Approach any nearby DL Zonal Office (Sheikh Sarai being nearest) and collect NOC form and submit to hyderabad DL authority to get NOC. Then submit original license and appear for only driving road test and then get permanent DL delhi.
2. In case my Hyd DL is lost; then file FIR in Delhi here and make an application to DL authority at Sheikh Sarai here with copy of lost license. No need to give any exams. (surprising when compared to first).
I have following documents:
1. Xerox copy of registered (and notarized) rent agreement
2. MTNL one month phone bill
3. SBI Local Bank Account Passbook for 3 months
I am actually not sure whats the correct way and steps.
Could anyone pls guide / share his experience so that I am not caught in messy web of DL process pls?