Hello From a Fellow Petrolhead.

Thread Starter #1
Hi people,

This is Nandu from Kerala. I am currently working in Chennai for an automobile Tier 1 supplier. I am very passionate about automobiles or anything with wheels.

Participating in BAJA 2010, was an exhilarating experience for me. Learned a lot of stuff about automobile designing. Got an opportunity to work for a software major but, following my heart, chose the automobile sector instead.

Our family’s first car was an Ambassador (1983, petrol). It was with us until 2002, when we traded it for an Opel Astra 1.6.

The Astra is a very good car. The stability of the car is great at triple digit speeds, although the engine starts to sound a bit strained. Her appetite for petrol can be unhealthy as well. The mufflers are prone to rust and every 8 months or so, we had to address this problem, either by repairing or replacing it.

In 2008 we bought the ANHC. It’s steering can feel disconnected at high speeds (maybe I was spoiled by the hydraulic unit of the Astra). The mileage is good, consistently giving around 12-14kmpl in the city and 15-17 in highways.

Having moved to Chennai, I now use a Chevy Spark. This ultra-compact car can make a ride through the grinding city traffic of Chennai a breeze. It’s also economical, giving a mileage of around 13-15Kmpl in the city and 16-19Kmpl in highways, even when the AC is turned on in full blast.

That’s it for now folks. I look forward to having a good time here. Make some friends, maybe. Glad to be joining the ride.

Welcome to TAI , Nandu. It feels nice to know you and we all would be eager to have your views . Do share your experience with all the cars you have had opportunity of driving.

350Z

Core Team
Heartiest welcome to The Automotive India, Nandu. Good that you followed the heart to proceed with the career in automotive sector. Do share your experiences of participating in BAJA. Have a wonderful stay on board. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

I think I missed this thread. Anyway, welcome to TAI Mr. nandu and hope you and your sparky will have a pleasant stay at TAI. Hope we might need to discuss a lot about our sparky..

A very warm welcome to TAI Nandu, Have a nice stay here.
Look forward to to your active participation

Best Wishes
IR

Top Bottom