I am Prabhanshu Chaturvedi (username PC1984, you can take a guess why the username). I am a techie working in Chennai, India.
I got my first taste of driving a 2 wheeler when I stole a ride on our Hero Ankur. (Its a totally different story that I was caught and hanged later).
As far as a four wheelers go I tried my hands on my father's office vehicle - Mahindra Jeep. The driver was very enthusiastic in teaching driving to "Saheb's" son, this enthu flowed through and I always craved to get a car of my own.
So far me/my family have owned following vehicle :
1. Rajdoot 100cc Blue, since 1967 : This beauty was bought by my grandad, maintained and driven by my dad, I drove it but never sort of owned it. My father is too emotional to part with it. Off late our faithful has been of very litte use owing to father's health problems and my less frequent visits to my hometown, but its still ready to be saddled and taken for a ride.
2. Hero Ankur Red, 1992 - 2001 sold : this was the 1st gearless in our family and a faithful one too. I did steal a few rides on it but most of them before I could get my license or traffic sense, so most of them were in our colony boundry wall. But yes, it was the first two wheeler (motored) that I drove.
3. TVS Scooty White 1997 - present : Oh how much I pleaded to get a Hero Puch!!! But it was a decision made for my mother so Scooty won hands down. And it is stil serving well, though meetings with the mechanic have become a regularity. Good chances that it may be replaced but still all my tution life is thankfull to this gem from TVS.
4. Maruti Suzuki 800 White 2005-2011 : Again I pleaded for Alto. But budget was a killer and the fact that my father agreed to buy a car was a miracle!!! Anyways there was/is/will not be any car which can/could compete with it for VFM
(No Offense Meant !!! A personal opinion). A delight for low budget buyers and Maruti judged the market perfectly, then.
5. Bajaj Pulsar 150 Black, 2007 - present : Ok no Hero Puch, but if you get a Pulsar you would take it with a mile long grin. Thats what I did. I asked my dad to get me a Platina, his opinion was to buy a heavy bike, Royal enfield and Pulsar. Pulsar was chosen for mileage and budget (it is less than RE, may be a tad only but it is). The power, comfort, mileage ... and the list goes on !!! Love it !!!
6. Hyundai I20 Sportz White July 2011 - its new yaar : Father got promoted, I got a job. So asked him to move on from M800. It took around a year of persuassion and he finally agreed for i20 sportz.
7. Hyundai I10 sportz White Oct 2011 - Would get it on Wed 12th : Well what to say, had an accident on highway while commuting to office. My love, my bike and I both got hurt but my father's advice of buying a heavy bike paid off. I love my pulsar more now. It took the impact on herself and I escaped with little scratches and mild sprains. But my father was in action immediately. He only adviced(I don't know but this advice was like an order) to get one car.
How I zeroed in on I10 is to be discussed in some other thread some other day. But yes I am getting it (her)!!!
Well this is my auto experience in brief.
Apart from that I have a Fujifilm HS10 (Aug 2010) camera as I like to play occasional photographer and an IPhone 4(June 2011). You may as well say that I am showing off but I am trying to make a point that I like gadgets
(money constraints but I keep trying). I like food, cricket and computer gaming also.
This is my first post in the forum hope you all liked reading through it and I would apologise for any typos or any points made above, nothing here is meant to offense any body in any way.