Hey! Another Member from Hyd / Sydney

Thread Starter #1
Your real name: Upamanyu, but I'd prefer Manyu.
Your age group: Compared to many of you on this forum, im not very old. In fact you will even be calling me a kid. I'm 17.
In which city / country you live: Currently, I live in Sydney with my parents. We moved here a while ago, but I hail from Hyderabad [Andhra Pradesh].
Why did you opt for this user name: Its because I do photography with the name/watermark "recycle-art". Hence the username, I'm also known by that name on many forums here in Australia.
Your hobby / passion, other than autos: Well, if you haven't figured out yet... Photography. I get paid do do some photo-shoots of cars, ironically, I also work at a car dealer as a photographer to earn my pocket money while I'm still at school ;)
Cars and Bikes you own, or previously owned: From when I got my license, I've been through 3 cars.
In the order:

• 1991 Ford Laser. [I crashed into another car when the brake lines snapped]
  • 1994 Mazda 323 Astina. [I loved this car, but was forced to sell it]
  • 1993 Holden Barina. [Its basically a re-badged maruti esteem hatch]

And currently, I drive a 1994 Mitsubishi Lancer CC 2 door. Mind you, before anyone rants about me owning so many cars at such young age, let me just remind you that all the cars I've owned, I bought them with MY hard earned money. Yep, I work as a photographer at a local car dealer and I occasionally get paid to do some photo-shoots.

I'll post up pictures after, I find them ;)
Until then, enjoy these two from my latest photo-shoot of a Subaru Liberty wagon. [click on them and you will be redirected to my flickr page]

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #2
Re: Hey! Another member from hyd/sydney

History of my cars:

1991 Ford Laser Hatchback

It was old, and I wanted something that would get me around without depending on mum and dad to drop me off or pick me up. It was 3 months after I got my licence that I had saved up enough to buy my own car.

I don't have any pictures of it before the accident as it literally happened 2 days after I bought it.

EDIT: Removed pictures. I forgot to resize them, I'll do it when I find some free time. Sorry.

1994 Mazda 323 Astina

I got this one after the laser, insurance paid me enough to get myself a better car. I found this one cheap because its body wasn't in the best of the condition. But the motor was flawless, it drove like a dream. So I bought it home and drove it for 3 months and then I was forced to sell it because of my girl friend :p yes, it was too expensive for me to maintain a 1.8 L DOHC. Not that it was troublesome, but I have a heavy foot, I tend to use of lot more petrol than usual.

image0364.jpg

image0365.jpg

Ps. Excuse these pictures, I lost my camera back when I had this.

1993 Holden barina

I needed to downsize from the 323 astina. So I went and bought this for a steal. My only preference was a smaller engine. This was a 1.3L carby. It saved me a lot of money from fuel :p

And then 4.5 months later, I got my license suspended. It was stupid, but I needed to pay a huge fine, so I sold it. There wasn't any point keeping it, I wouldn't have been able to drive for 3 months anyway.

img5882f.jpg

img5884r.jpg

1994 Lancer CC

Realised that how ever fuel efficient the 1.3L was, it was gutless. I decided to get back into something with a bit more grunt. And this time, I had a little more money than before to play with so I went and bought myself a decent Lancer coupe, it has a 1.8L engine in it and its Automatic transmission.

Lancer.jpg

Lancer1.jpg

lancer1-1.jpg

and then, I crashed into a mates car while driving on a wet day. It isn't much, but it hurts to see you baby hurt.

Lancer3.jpg

lancer5.jpg

I hope you've enjoyed it :)

Thread Starter #3

Now to the other car which im mostly seen around in. My Dad drives a 2009 Skoda Superb 125 TDI. Brilliant car, amazing economy, hell lot of space, extremely luxurious, very rare over here in Australia.

Not many people over here know about skoda's, a very under estimated car it is :)

And last weekend, the car was looking particularly dirty, so I gave it a full detail. Including a wash, clay, wax and sealant.
The results are amazing.

Before the detail:

img1189k.jpg

img1197l.jpg

img1201tq.jpg

Right after a clay:

img1204hp.jpg

WAX on:

img1206nx.jpg

img1216oa.jpg

and, the final result.

img1221y.jpg

img1225sb.jpg

img1226f.jpg

img1228tw.jpg

Reflections...

img1231aw.jpg

img1234ob.jpg

img1236h.jpg

yes, I'm very crazy about my cars, I like them squeaky clean all the time. Even though the Skoda isn't my car, I treat it like my own because that is the car that my Dad taught me how to drive in. I owe my Dad a favor for that ;) so I detail his car every now and then.

350Z

Core Team

Manyu, That’s truly one of the most perfect and concise introductions that I have ever read. Congratulations and welcome to The Automotive India. It was nice knowing about your passion and number of cars which you have owned in this much age, that too from your own hard earned money. You’re definitely a good example for many of us here. I hope that you will spend a pleasant time in this community. Please feel free to contact us in-case you need a hand around. And yes, don’t forget to create a separate ownership review of your current ride. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #5

Manyu, That’s truly one of the most perfect and concise introductions that I have ever read. Congratulations and welcome to The Automotive India. It was nice knowing about your passion and number of cars which you have owned in this much age, that too from your own hard earned money. You’re definitely a good example for many of us here. I hope that you will spend a pleasant time in this community. Please feel free to contact us in-case you need a hand around. And yes, don’t forget to create a separate ownership review of your current ride. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks for the welcome 350Z, I'm glad you enjoyed reading through my intro.
From what I see around, you guys are a very helpful bunch. I’ll post in here if I ever need help.
I usually blog all of my cars, I’ll copy paste my Lancer’s build from my blog when I find some free time.
Thanks again.

Very good intro, Manyu. Loved the description of your cars and that Superb looks superb. Also liked the reflection pic [:)]

Hi Manyu,

A very warm Welcome to The Automotive India. I must say you have some great rides in your garage. Especially your dad's Skoda Superb which looks awesome. Do post a short ownership report of your Superb.
Enjoy your stay.

Cheers,
Akash

zengetz

Suspended
Hey Manyu !

Welcome to TAI. Loved you intro and good to meet a fellow Hyderabadi!
Enjoy your stay and share some of your work.

- Avi

Thread Starter #13
hi dude! welcome to TAI and great photography!! [clap]
Thanks man!
Hey Manyu welcome to TAI , enjoyed reading your Introduction!
Cheers, Im glad you enjoyed it.
That superb looks hot !!! In love with that car.... Great car to own.

Jeno
Definitely, I'd love to take it off his hands when I have enough money.
Very good intro, Manyu. Loved the description of your cars and that Superb looks superb. Also liked the reflection pic [:)]
Thanks mate, Indeed is superb ;)
ilango[speed thirst];85298 said:
TERRIFIC INTRO!!

WELCOME

Have a great stay in TAI.
Cheers mate.
Hi Manyu,

A very warm Welcome to The Automotive India. I must say you have some great rides in your garage. Especially your dad's Skoda Superb which looks awesome. Do post a short ownership report of your Superb.
Enjoy your stay.

Cheers,
Akash
Thank you, I will take some time off after Im done with exams and update all threads accordingly.
Hey Manyu !

Welcome to TAI. Loved you intro and good to meet a fellow Hyderabadi!
Enjoy your stay and share some of your work.

- Avi
Thanks man :) Meet up when Im in Hyd ? :P

Thread Starter #14
A rather sad story [:(]

I was waiting behind traffic when a Idiot driving a mitsubishi triton who wasn't paying attention to the road rammed up the back of me. Watery eyes.
I'm making the other guy's insurance pay up for it.

up2.jpg

Top Bottom