Long time due Intro!

Thread Starter #1
A brief history of me

Its been more than a month since I joined the forum and I am loving my stay here. I have seen so many changes and new members over this small period that it feels so much is happening around me!

I never got around to put up an intro when I joined, so here goes.

I am an unintelligible male, somewhere near 30, working with a Big IT giant as a consultant and like most others I hate my job![:)]
But as with all of us, it is a means to an end, and my end is to be able to feel the driving pleasure in those humanly creations on four wheels.

I have been in different parts of the country and now based out of Pune.

No points for guessing, but I love driving and I hate cars that rattle. Other hobbies include sports like squash, snooker, TT, cricket, movies, music (western mostly), cooking, giving my opinion *where it may not be required*

I have been fortunate enough to be able to drive a huge number of cars from a Mini to a Fortuner during my stint abroad.

hey buddy, good intro! welcome to TAI you dint tell about your rides. are you also planning for punto?? [clap]

350Z

Core Team
You’ve been welcoming everyone until now. It’s time we welcome you. Just cannot believe that a month has passed already. It feels that you’ve been on board for long enough. As I said on the inventory, your Swift looks fantastic with that rare colour shade. Do tell us about other cars too (Especially Matiz). Hope you’re enjoying the stay and keep having so. :smile:

Drive safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #4
@Umang - thanks mate! Yes I am still planning for Punto. Just waiting for that hard to come by raise to take the final step [:)]

@350Z - Thanks. It has been great reading all those informative articles from you.

WRT cars, my first driving experience was on the strong tank Ambassador, which my father owned. He used to keep it parked and me and my brother used to take it out drive it and come back and park it exactly in the same spot. We always though our dad never got to know, but well Dads are always dads.

Anyway my first car was a M800, white, which I drove for around 2 years during college years.
Moved on Matiz, gifted to me by dad, Red color. It was a solidly build car for those times. The driving pleasure was immense over the other options like M800 or M1000. Santro had not come till then or probably I am not sure. Mileage was great, power was good, steering was nice with okish feedback. Gears were a little short, and had a peculiar problem to slot in to 2nd from 1st. So I had developed this habit of going to 3rd from 1st straight, and my dad always used to scold me. I kept that for a long time. Ran with it on various highways like Delhi-Jaipur, Chandigarh, Bombay-Pune, Delhi-Agra etc., but never got tired of it. Finally gave it my dad for a second use car in the family before I moved to Swift.

Swift was totally different in the league when it came out and I will write about it in a separate section [:)]

Now as I said just yearning to get my hands on GP !!

350Z

Core Team
Sure. Would love to learn more about your Swift. And do you still have the Matiz?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #6
Yes, it is at home in Delhi. Still running with no probs, even parts are quite easily available. My Dad still takes out around 16-18 kmpl from the old horse. It has run around 95K till now.

350Z

Core Team
That’s great. My neighbours used to own a Red Matiz too when I was young. I kinda liked the cute looks of that car. If you’re easily able to source the parts and have adequate space, then it’s better to retain it because Matiz is eventually getting extinct from India.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #8
Yes true. Its value in resale will not be more than 30-40K, that too is a little exaggeration. It is just used as second car when small runs are required or someone wants to learn [:)]

Well better late than never , even i was late in giving my Intro just like you![lol]

Nice to read about your experiences with various cars and great to hear your Matiz is doing well still because its almost extinct on roads these days! And yeah BTW welcome to TAI , i hope you are already enjoying your time here. Hope you become a proud owner of Punto soon.

Top Bottom