Hi Folks! New Guy Coming in

Thread Starter #1
Hi folks,

I am Rajeev new to your forum.[:)] I own a 5 year old maruti wagon r. I am planning to sell it and buy a Volkswagon Vento diesel highline. In fact i have booked it.
My passion is cars. I also like to travel a lot. My longest drive was from delhi to kannur my home town in kerala in a petrol contessa in 5 days in 1996. Hope to have fantastic experience here.
luv to all​

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: hi folks new guy coming in

Hello Rajeev,

Welcome to The Automotive India. Congratulations for your VW Vento. Do create a new thread if you have any question regarding your new car. Also we would love to hear about your Contessa in which you covered that long trip.
We do have a separate Travelogue section where you can share about your trips.

Expecting active participation in forum.
Happy Posting!

Cheers,
Akash

Hi Rajeev,

Welcome to TAI.
glad to note one more member from Kannur.
congratulations in advance for your new ride.
do let us us know why you prefer volkswagon vento d h.
cheers

350Z

Core Team

Welcome to The Automotive India, Rajeev. Congratulations for booking your Volkswagen Vento! We look forward to read about your car and driving experiences in the forum. Have a pleasant stay and do feel free to contact us, incase you need any assistance.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #10

hi folks,
thanks for the warm welcome to the forum.
dear akash that petrol contessa was bought for my friend from karol bagh in delhi for rs 65000/. if i remeber it was 7 year old vehicle.did brake overhaul ,cleaned the carburator checked the lights from a local workshop in delhi. there was no gps/ google maps then. bought an india road map from the market drew a line to kannur via jaipur, ahmedabad, nashik, belgaum & hit the road.rode from 6am to 6pm. stayed the nights at hotels. no night riding although we thought about it as we were warned by local drivers about dacoits on the highways. reached home in 5 days.(hadn't told ma &pa that i was driving all the from delhi then.my friend didn't know driving then so had all the thrill to myself.
dear jayadev- the selection for vento dhl was based on the following-
1) solid german build 2) good mileage3)safety features4)powerful engine with good pick up5)good looks6)new car in the market7) rising fuel price hence the diesel
my heart was for the optra magnum but the old look, 14km/ lt average mileage, rumour of imminent discontinuation put me off.

Hello Rajeev welcome to TAI , congratulations on your booking!

BTW my friend has also booked a Vento diesel highline white color! What is your expected delivery date?

Thread Starter #13

dear cooldaya,
expected date of delivery of my vento is before april 5th. i had booked a flash red vento. my 9 year old son wanted only the red one. i too was for the red one, but wifey was for the white while daughter wanted the silver.ultimately we mcps won for once, thanks to almighty.
dear gurus could you all give suggestions regarding the accessories that i would essentialy buy from the show room. i hear that vw people wouldn't give even a pin free.i have in mind to fit an extra horn, side beeding, & a v

350Z

Core Team

Ever since the demand for Vento has shot up, many of the Volkswagen dealers are firmly declining to offer any additional discounts / accessories. (In my experience, at least). Anyways, Please start a new thread for your queries, which will fetch more responses. Also check out a couple of useful Vento ownership reviews:

- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...vento-t-ownership-review.html?highlight=vento
- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ine-tdi-ownership-review.html?highlight=vento

Drive Safe,
350Z

Welcome to TAI Rajeev. Hope you have a pleasant stay here.
Your selection about diesel car is good. But, did you give a try to Honda City iVtec? Vento is a good Competetor to City again it depends on the person't preference.
Do post your TD experience in a new thread.

Top Bottom