Hello To All Members

Thread Starter #1
Greetings to all.

This is Anurag Sehdev. I am into manufacturing of steel scaffolding fittings and accessories.

Previously restored and modified HM Contessa (2006-2008).
Presently restored and modified Maruti Gypsy (2015-present).

I would love to share and gain knowledge, information and passion with fellow members.

Thanks and regards

Welcome to TAI Anurag.
Would like to know the Restorations done by you. Why don't you give details with some photos which will help others to understand the tasks you undertook.
Take care
Regards

Thread Starter #3
Definitely Sir. The Contessa was available for sale in my hometown only, I bought for Rs.37,500/-, paid Rs.2,000 as commission to the agent. It was already in a very good condition with an aftermarket Air Conditioner fitted when I bought that car. Got the car serviced from authorized HM service center. Got the rusted parts treated in my factory only. Polished the car myself. Got a coupling (not advisable) that could fit 100 PCD 4 lug alloy to 120 PCD 5 lug pattern of the original hub. Tires were 195/60 R14 Goodyear Ventura. Drilled holes in the silencer to make a loud sound. I was just checking my computer for some pictures and found only a few of them. Total money spent on car was around Rs.40,000/- including alloy wheels and tires. Sold it for Rs.40,000/- after driving for around two years. I was in my second year of college at that time and had only little knowledge, after my experiences with the car I learned a lot. Hope this information is helpful.

Attachments

Contessa was one of the First luxury cars in 1990s by Hindustan Motors, However they could not compete with Maruti, when Maruti introduced 1000 cc car and later Esteem 1300cc. Maruti could survive the competition as they went on introducing new models in the Market.

Long ago, it was in 1988-89 , my Boss who had his proud Cantessa used to give me lift whenever I used to put in more hours of hard work in the office.

Not seen any Contessa car for almost over 10 - 12 years in Mangalore or nearby, as they have slowly vanished from the scene.

Top Bottom