New Jeep Lover in The Forum

Thread Starter #1
Hello members,
I am new comer in this forum and I am from Mumbai. I am die hard jeep lover and currently owning Mahindra Commander since 5 years.
There is many stories about jeep ownership that i will share here and also expecting advice on jeep maintenance.

thanks
Panther

Hello there, Panther. Nice to meet you. I'm a fan of jeeps myself though not so crazy about it. I have an MM 540. It's been with us for the past ten years. Got it after it was used by another person for three years. Would love to hear your jeep stories. And as for maintenance, the thing is, our jeep needed a full workshop maintenance only once in all these years. Other than that, it's just washing occasionally - the true nonsense-free vehicle[:D]

Thread Starter #3
Ownership chance:
In mid 2010, one of my friend purchased two mahindra jeeps from local construction company auction.
One was peugeot engine utility jeep and another was commander 750 (?) both 2 WD.
Utility jeep was in good condition and commander was just poor condition.
Commander was bearing DI engine and with hood. Fenders were rusted, exhaust noise was very loud. Colour was peeling off. Body was also rusted at many places. Tyres were about its end life.But it was working (engine was starting with jump start).
We were just thinking about what to with this commander? First thought was to cut the chassis and make it short jeep. Then we scraped the idea. The jeep had starting problem and my friend was not willing to beat two jeeps at time.
He then decided to sell one of them (Commander first). He asked me if i was interested to buy.
I asked my father about it and he said ok, as he also like jeeps.
Next day i purchased the jeep (atleast told my friend that I will buy but pay later and he agreed.)

This was the condition of jeep when we took it to garage for restoration quote :
Image(15).jpg

Image(16).jpg

Image(14).jpg

DSCN0483.JPG

DSCN0487.JPG

Thread Starter #5
Part 3) Work started on jeep.
First we washed the jeep after removing its old hood. When we removed the hood we found that there was steel roof below canvas hood. After washing it first thing did was cutting half portion of the steel hood and reduced its height (The Slope of the hood).
Image(10).jpg

Tyres were removed, and denting work started.

Top Bottom