East Meets West

Thread Starter #1
Hello Everyone and Thank you TAI that I can make this post. After being repeatedly rejected for not being fit enough to join certain forums, being able to post here is a big deal by itself and I thank TAI for letting the "not so worthy" ones to join the forum as well. To learn you have to be newbie at certain point of time right and if newbies dont get a chance how will we ever learn eh!!?

Now lets move on to me. I am Easternjack and as my Title would suggest yes I am from the Eastern part of the country (North East to be specific) now living in South Western part of the Country due to work requirement. While I am still not up there yet automotive wise speaking, apart from the good old Gypsy days my dad drove us around in, I learnt to drive on my dads good old Alto. Since then I have climbed up the ladder occasionally driving around in my "once again" dads workhorse the Wagon R. Considering the Financial freedom days after getting my job, I bought my first motorcycle yes my own Suzuki Slingshot. But my heart yearned for more and after 1 year with the Slinger I gave it away for a more freedom defining Royal Enfield Electra 2013. I cant believe that its already been 3 years and I have already covered a relatively trouble free 30000 happy kms in it criss crossing South India. But with time situation change, desirability change, needs change and its time for another upgrade. No I dont think I will part with the Electra yet but I definitely need my own car. I cant keep taking the wifey on long rides on a two wheeler. Actually I have taken her to all the places we could see around Hubli-North Karnataka Goa area on my trusted Enfield Electra till now. But I think I cant keep doing that right? So am hoping to add either a Tiago or a Figo, confusion still exist, soon.

So please accept me here and allow me to share and learn whatever we can from each other.[drive]

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hello Everyone and Thank you TAI that I can make this post. After being repeatedly rejected for not being fit enough to join certain forums, being able to post here is a big deal by itself and I thank TAI for letting the "not so worthy" ones to join the forum as well. To learn you have to be newbie at certain point of time right and if newbies dont get a chance how will we ever learn eh!!?
Wonderfully put buddy and really apt! The Automotive India shows how actually an enthusiast is respected and provides helping hand at the slightest of need! Core team here is more of friends than the upright stone-cold mods of certain forum. My simple thought is, if everyone is "expert" in field of automobiles then why would one even look for joining the forums? Expertise comes with practice and TAI is one such platform that helps you to nurture the passion for cars & bikes and respects every constructive contribution.

am hoping to add either a Tiago or a Figo, confusion still exist, soon.
Both hatchbacks are very good and Figo has been underestimated it seems. Figo is a powerful hatch and TIAGO is a Revolution in TATA's product line up. You know what, had there been a choice between TIAGO or another hatch or Figo and another hatchback, the decision could have been far easier. But deciding between TIAGO and FIGO is a battle of Heart and Mind. It is easier to choose for a arranged marriage or love marriage but actually difficult to choose between FIGO and TIAGO[lol]. Also would suggest you, take advise from your better half as ladies have slightly more sorted sense of aesthetics, purchase and bargaining.

So please accept me here and allow me to share and learn whatever we can from each other.
Welcome Aboard The Automotive India buddy. Looking forward to interact more often and all the best for new car purchase.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:

Top Bottom