Hi From a Car Lover

Thread Starter #1
Dear Automotive India Members,

I am Nilesh from Navi Mumbai and have joined this forum recently. I work with India's Largest Pvt Sector Organization in the IT Leadership Team.

I am in love with cars and have been driving since I turned 18 starting with my Dad's Mahindra DI Jeep during last millennium followed by his upgrade into the Mahindra Bolero.

In parallel, managed to have fun with lots of 100/200 km rides on my college sweetheart Yamaha YBX bike (gifted by dad) which was incidentally the first 4 Stroke 2 wheeler coming in from Yamaha. Used the bike for almost 7 years regularly between 2002 to 2009 and still have it in my garage. It still cranks up and is going strong after 14 yrs of ownership. Gives me a mileage of 45 kmpl even today although now days I use it occasionally whenever I feel nostalgic about my college days.

In 2009, I bought my own Tata Indica Vista Aura with Fiat's Quadrajet Diesel Engine which eventually became India's national engine and have been loving the ride since then over the 90,000km roads it swallowed. I have managed to enjoy lots of 500/1000 km road trips all over the mid and south India with my Vista. In addition I have driven multiple cars of friends like Honda City, Innova, Ertiga, Tata Zest, Maruti Swift, Fiat Linea over long stretches since we go on long trips together.

Apart from cars and travelling my hobbies include Ornithology (I am a crazy bird lover), Writing, Poetry and Photography.

I am on a hunt for an automatic car since last year and that explains my username here. During this one year I have gone through times of extreme confusion, frustration, exhilaration and some crazy moments. I would create a separate thread to share my experience of searching for automatic car in current Indian scenario meeting all my requirements and get inputs from experienced folks here.

Although I have been a frequent visitor at TAI forums since some time, recently thought of becoming a member and being an active participant in the wonderful discussions over here from the spirited car lovers of TAI. Looking forward to make loads of friends and share lots of good experiences about 'Life on the Move' here.

Hello Automaticar, welcome to TheAutomotiveIndia.com

That's a nice intro and that's good you have retained the YBX, The driving experience of the bikes especially 10-20 years back is very nice where the current generation ones doesn't match up with it.

Please let us have an ownership review on both the vehicles you own in our forum and you can post the query for buying a new car in this section:
The Car Shopper

Have a pleasant stay and please feel free to reach out to the team for assistance.

Thread Starter #3
That's a nice intro and that's good you have retained the YBX, The driving experience of the bikes especially 10-20 years back is very nice where the current generation ones doesn't match up with it.
Thanks Vishwas,

I can't agree more with you on this.

I personally believe a bike or a car is like one's girl friend. One might move on from the first one due to changing needs or due to finding someone better looking but the new one can never take the place in his heart of the earlier one! She will have to find space in other empty parts of the heart!!! [:D]

Top Bottom