Hello TAIgers!

Thread Starter #1
Hello guys.

It has been almost one month on the forum, and I thought of writing an introduction to let everyone know more about me. So, let's talk about ice_wise, introduction is to tell everyone about yourself right?

ice_wise : At the first glance, the username suggests that this guy is an ICE (for the newbies : ICE = In Car Entertainment and NOT the frozen state of water) enthusiast and is a wise person! Well, the first part is true but the second part of my wisdom isn't totally correct. I know everything about something and then I don't know anything about something! [lol]

I was fiddling for a good username in my mind when all of a sudden, I think of this word ("WISE") which goes really well with my area of interest ("ICE"). I had been browsing TAI since quite some time and on 5 Nov, took the plunge to be a part with many thoughts in my mind : Will I be able to concentrate on my syllabus anymore? Will I be able to spend time out of TAI after becoming a member? Will I be of any help or treated as 'just another member'? I had given my semester exams at that time and had lots of time to spare, and after using most of the spare time, still I had some to spare and ended up spending time on TAI to fuel my automotive passion. All other thoughts took a backseat and I registered for this community with great enthusiasm.

Exactly 396 posts (1 award [:D]) and 29 days later, I am here to share my thoughts about TAI. A nirvana for all automotive enthusiasts, be it from the travel, ICE, technical or modification section. I interacted with many awesome people (TSIVipul, Akash1886, Sarath01, Ameyam, LAOW, bhvm, Saroya, manish12345 and a lot more!) on the forum who accepted me with lot of respect and support. TAI, as a forum, is very helpful for newbie buyers as well as experts from the automotive background. It provides lots of information on each and every happening in the Automotive Scene. You search for a topic and TAI will already have a related thread with loads of information. Kudos to the core team for creating such a great community for the enthusiasts. One does not realise when he/she (do we have "shes" also?) has become an addict. I browse through the forums almost every couple of hours now and this has become a cause of concern for worried family members! Even when some suspecting friend goes through my browsing history, all he/she can find is loads of TAI browsing history.

I am basically from Meerut and moved to Gurgaon this year, to stay with my elder brother while completing my undergraduate studies as Delhi NCR region offered better career opportunities. I am a big fan of all things ICE. I had a lot of interest in music (not singing but in equipments) and this passion grew day by day. Started by helping friends with basic queries on ICE and have gained respectable knowledge as of now (still to explore the Active setup territory but progress in ON). I also became famous in my college for these ICE experiments! If some TAIger is from SCMS, ask about "Lakshit BBA Wale's Car" and someone from 2nd year will definitely direct you towards my Swift. I got this used car deliberately as I knew that I would tear this up for ICE and a new car didn't make much sense (warranty this, warranty that, grr..). I have a soft corner for stray animals since my childhood days and always have been involved in one way or the other to protect (or at least, not disturb) these innocent animals. I have taken part and active stand in these issues and remember beating up a school bus driver once when he killed a small puppy because of his senseless driving.

About my cars, I started driving when I was 15 or so, but those drives were nothing but parking and errands (accompanied with elders) around town. I started driving officially since Aug this year when I got my own car. We have owned a Maruti 800, Alto and WagonR in the past and have a Dzire VDi, Swift Vxi and Etios GD currently. We also had an Eterno and a Pulsar but sold them off when my brother moved to Noida for his studies (and then to Gurgaon). We are planning for another car now, and being a Maruti fan, I am doing all possible efforts from my side to bring the Baleno in the garage. This time I am confident that I will not make any wrong choice (not that I have made any) as TAI members are with me throughout this purchase.

Would love to hear about what you guys think about me and looking forward to share and gain knowledge with every passing day! And I hope this was an enjoyable read.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Nice Intro there Lakshit BBA Wale.[:)] I am really glad to know that you have been actively involved in animal protection. I myself took care of 7 pups at my place who were born under my Honda CITY. Keep contributing constructively here as you have done so far and wish you a good and learning experience ahead. I have my relatives who stay in Meerut and Vipul too stays in Meerut and visits to Gurgaon often. Lets see if we can plan a meet or something soon. Also, do devote equal time to your studies and make your family proud.

Regards

Akash

Excellent writeup Lakshit !!! As I had PMed you earlier, You are doing great and keep it coming !! Do take care of your studies bro !! I wish you live in my city so that you can take care of my CITY nICEly [;)].

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
Thanks Akash. Nice to know that you are also involved in animal protection. Yes, I talk to TSIVipul often and if time and work permits, we shall meet very soon.

Thanks manish12345 and Sarath01 for the warm welcome. Glad you all liked the write-up.

Regarding studies, I am devoting reasonable time for studying even after joining TAI. In the past month, I was having my holidays and was thus participating like mad. [lol] But as you can see now, I get lesser time for TAI as college has started again. But I will take care that the quality and value of posts will never go down.

And the time meant for social media (FB) is now devoted to TAI, study time is intact. No need to worry, friends.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Thanks Akash. Nice to know that you are also involved in animal protection.
Well, I since my childhood had affection towards dogs though initially I used to be scared but my fear vanished when had 2 strays with us. There on, I always felt at ease with dogs around. Pups are on the other hand a full bundle of joy. I mean one can spend atleast 3-4 hours at stretch playing with them. Here are some pics of my Petro-Pups.

20150513_093336.jpg

20150513_093547.jpg

20150513_093553.jpg

20150713_184407.jpg

Now all of them have gone on their paths and just the Black one has stayed back. Once they grow up, until they are domesticated, you can't control them.[:)]

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #7
Well, I since my childhood had affection towards dogs though initially I used to be scared but my fear vanished when had 2 strays with us. There on, I always felt at ease with dogs around. Pups are on the other hand a full bundle of joy. I mean one can spend atleast 3-4 hours at stretch playing with them. Here are some pics of my Petro-Pups.

Now all of them have gone on their paths and just the Black one has stayed back. Once they grow up, until they are domesticated, you can't control them.[:)]

Regards

Akash
Yes, indeed. They are wonderful creatures. I remember one puppy which was left at a petrol pump (mother and other pups had died) in an industrial area 2 years back. Whenever I would go there to get fuel on my bike, this puppy would follow me till my home (some 500 metres) and I had to drop her back to the petrol pump as the strats in my locality would have attacked her. I took bread or biscuits with me everyday and fed her for almost 4 months, she was adorable. She was eventually adopted by a close friend and named "Oscar" and she still recognises me when I visit that friend's house! [:D] I can't understand why people go for the imported and expensive breeds when we have these playful and adorable strays, who need a loving home and nothing more.

I am really glad to know that you are such a gem of a person. We are like-minded. Keep up the good work!

Recently when I was in Faridabad, I accompanied my friend to a dairy in a village to get milk (the milkman was sick that day) and that son of a €₩£₩£ strangled a baby buffalo's neck in frustration (as his buffalo won"t give milk). The small buffalo cried and guess what, I flung that container (for milk) in the air straight at him and it hit his head! Some 30 minutes of arguments and verbal fights later, we returned empty handed with no milk, but were satisfied that we taught him a good lesson. [lol]

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I am really glad to know that you are such a gem of a person. We are like-minded. Keep up the good work!
They are a major stress buster so I always keep myself involved with pups and spend good time with them. Loyalty and Love of a Dog/Pup is unmatched.

Recently when I was in Faridabad, I accompanied my friend to a dairy in a village to get milk (the milkman was sick that day) and that son of a €₩£₩£ strangled a baby buffalo's neck in frustration (as his buffalo won"t give milk). The small buffalo cried and guess what, I flung that container (for milk) in the air straight at him and it hit his head!
Had I been at your place, I would have slapped him left and right. The best way to teach such morons is to ask them in front of their kids, what if someone did the same to your kid?? Just see that priceless expression on the moron's face! Just because they can't speak, no one has the right to be nasty with them. Since you flung the bucket at him and it hit him, you should have asked "Dard Hua na?" Uss bachrey ko bhi hua tha! (Did you feel the same pain which that innocent baby-buffalo felt?").

Regards

Akash

I love dogs too. They are wonderful creature on earth. I have totally 7 dogs. 5 Dogs at my Factory(since it is 60 acres of space they play really well) they caught thieves 2 times at night. I have 3 German Shepards and 2 our indian breeds guess what our local breed dogs are more active than German's. In home i have a cute puppy and dog which we adopted from street. When i went to temple they just followed me till home. Next day also they were outside gate. After seeing small puppy i can't resist myself to get them home. They are better than any expensive breeds. My 2 home dogs names are tuffy(big one), dodge(since I'm a cars freak kept that name).
my factory dogs name's are : Brownie(very big German shepard), max(Her son),jack(german shepard),tommy(our indian breeds).... 1 dog was recently adopted still didn't have name. My factory watchman and myself will take care of them for every 3 months veterinary doctors comes to check-up. Want to post pics but I'm posting from mobile.

Will upload pics soon from PC.
Cheers!!

Thread Starter #10
It has been exactly 2 months and 1000 posts on the forum, and I am glad to say that TAI has helped me a lot in this short span of time. Journey till now has been good and I strongly think that it will get better in the time to come. Learnt a lot, shared a lot!

Got to know many new people in these 2 months, and every minute of browsing has added up to my automotive knowledge. Finally I can see a capable platform to rest my passion and dreams upon. Thanks to Admin and Core team for maintaining such a happening place for automotive enthusiasts. I feel elated to be a part of this wonderful community, filled with tons of information and supportive like-minded people. TAI has had an important role in daily routine and life. I start my day with browsing TAI and I am hooked to TAI even during midnight, under the blanket! No auto-related information is missed now and believe me, in 2014, I didn't knew about Elite i20's launch until the reviews were out. Now such problems are not there.

Helping members and raising your opinion gives an inner joy and satisfaction. I have helped so many members in such a short time and taken good wishes from them, which adds to the spark inside! Interacting with members gives a sense of motivation and addiction towards this community.

Thanks for the love and support! I hope to contribute more to the community in future. See you in the forums!

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hello Mr. Usain Bolt of TAI.[:D] You have achieved a humbling milestone here in TAI in such short span. Your insights on ICE are truly helpful and though I do not contribute on the ICE front here but its interesting to read your views about them. My ultimate guide to ICE queries and doubts were the knowledge filled posts of dada and in TAI members like L.A.W, Stingray, Saroya and now You have all helped me to learn a thing or 2 about the music systems in the cars. The TAI ICE section is filled with superb threads posted by ICE Gurus here and I wish you too contribute and enhance the forum's info base in coming times. All the very best and one last important thing I would like to mention here!!

I am hooked to TAI even during midnight, under the blanket!
Don't continue this habit once you are engaged or married! T.A.I will not be responsible for the aftermath of this habit!

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #12
Hello Mr. Usain Bolt of TAI.[:D] You have achieved a humbling milestone here in TAI in such short span. Your insights on ICE are truly helpful and though I do not contribute on the ICE front here but its interesting to read your views about them. My ultimate guide to ICE queries and doubts were the knowledge filled posts of dada and in TAI members like L.A.W, Stingray, Saroya and now You have all helped me to learn a thing or 2 about the music systems in the cars. The TAI ICE section is filled with superb threads posted by ICE Gurus here and I wish you too contribute and enhance the forum's info base in coming times. All the very best and one last important thing I would like to mention here!!
Thanks Akash for the appreciation. Even I hadn't thought that the journey would be so quick. I am already working on an ultimate ICE thread that will cover A-Z of ICE but the progress is slow as I have to attend college classes also. I will complete it during my semester break.

Don't continue this habit once you are engaged or married! T.A.I will not be responsible for the aftermath of this habit!

Regards

Akash
There's a long time to go! [lol]

EDIT - Do we have something like "Confessions of a Husband" thread in TAI where married/engaged folks like you can share some tips for us bachelors! :stupid:

Last edited:
I for one would officially like to thank Mr. Lakshit, BBA wale better known as ice_wise. I have joined this forum on 4th Jan before that I was a mute listener. Stalking most of the threads.

Well, since the day I took the plunge, I posted a query in ICE thread and lakshit has been helping me out beyond capabilities since then. Be it 6 in the morning or 12 in the night. He will always get back to me within few minutes with an answer of my query and the stupendous knowledge that he possesses is truly commendable. Before this I never knew he is just college goer. I always pictured him like a old timer who knows everything.. but that's not the point, what I am trying to say is, imagine the possibilities what he can do should he try to pursue a career in this domain. All the best bro!

He is very patient and a humble man, answered all the noob questions no matter how stupid they were with full enthusiasm. He reached out to other TAI experts on my behalf since at time I didn't know how to do that.

Lakshit bro, I have nothing but nice things to say about you my friend.

All the best! Take care. Study hard and party harder!

Peace!

drive_angry

I have nothing but all the nice words for him.

Thread Starter #15
drive_angry - Thanks for the kind words buddy! [:D] I started in 8th standard I think, gathering basic knowledge of music components (not necessarily ICE) and advising friends about them. Being in NCR, slow-moving cars with cool ICE catched my attention every other day and I discovered my inner passion for cars. My friend's Dad had an ICE shop in Faridabad, and I learned many things there (auditioned almost all basic brands, learnt about wiring, and all). It has closed down now but I got a decent ICE knowledge in these 5-6 years. But do I look that old in my profile picture? [lol]

Regarding PM, now I think you can also send PMs as you're a V4 now.

kashyap8055 - Thanks brother!

Top Bottom