Hi Friends this is Ash with story about my latest bug

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

Let me first with small introduction of mine. My name is Ashish, well you guys can call me Ash and I am car freak like most of others on this site.

I currently had Fiat Palio which after 4 long years started to give me problems so thought of buying a new car came into my mind. My budget was around 10 lakh and had option of getting car through the csd to benefit from defence background[:D].

So my search started with Fiat Linea first and this was somewhere last Oct and almost finalized got the loan approved for the petrol version but somewhere I read that Linea new Tjet is going to be launched somewhere in Jan so thought it would be a good idea to wait till then.

Came Jan and in autoshow it was shown but alas was not released so started my search again. Test drive Honda City, Altis, Scorpio and Safari as now i wanted to go for the SUV....

Due to scarcity of the time, i would continue this at later stage

Welcome to the Forum Ashish, nice to have someone from the Defence around here.
All the best for your car buying saga. And oh, what exactly is "csd"? Can Central Govt. officials benefit from it too?

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
So my search started with Fiat Linea first and this was somewhere last Oct and almost finalized got the loan approved for the petrol version but somewhere I read that Linea new Tjet is going to be launched somewhere in Jan so thought it would be a good idea to wait till then.

Came Jan and in autoshow it was shown but alas was not released so started my search again. Test drive Honda City, Altis, Scorpio and Safari as now i wanted to go for the SUV....

Due to scarcity of the time, i would continue this at later stage
I’m quite sure that you have booked the Linea already, you might know how. :smile: Good to have you with us, Ashish! Please do go through Announcements section to learn about features and policies of community, and feel free to contact our staff if you need any assistance. Looking forward for an active participation from your end, Enjoy the stay!

Drive Safe,
350Z

I saw review of T-jet 2-3 days back in one of the car shows I think on NDTV Profit. Yes, it indeed looks great and according to me if you have that budget then it would be worthily to wait till launch. Also it has better quality of interiors. Expected price will be below 10L and has one new color too.

Hello Ashish welcome to TAI. Start a new thread regarding your car purchase and our members here will help you out.

Linea T-Jet is a great car seeing the specs but if you like an SUV go ahead with one. A sedan can never provide the comfort , safety and space of an SUV!

Hi Ashish(Ash),welcome to TAI,enjoy your stay.
We have people to help you out regarding your new car.Do post some requirements which you would prefer so that you would be given a better choice.Cheers!

Thread Starter #10
Thanks all and CSD means Canteen Stores Department and the story continues so came Feb and March checked on Scorpio and decided to go for it, got in touch with the CSD dealer who quoted an unbielivable price for top end model on road it was 890 K but said that they are waiting for the tie up with Meerut canteen and by April or latest by May it will be done, I was ok. I really liked the features and only delta was that gear box was to clumsy and vibrated a lot (gave a feeling of tractor) but other features compensated for it. But that was not to happen the dealer kept saying next month and next month it never happened so dropped the idea for scorpio. Now checked the Grand Old Indian SUV, really liked the pick up but at same time it was like quite old in the market and hence dropped the idea meanwhile there was phase when I thought let's go for second hand Linea and almost finaized the deal for silver color linea but due to some delay in finance i let off the deal (good for me) then came August and with no sign of TJet Linea coming I enquired about scorpio again from Punjab dealer and they said that euro 3 is available but not euro 4 that means i would not have been able to book euro 3 in delhi/ncr and for euro 4 i had to wait for more than 2 months so on 1 sept i got all my paper work done and booked Fiat Linea emotion pack diesel cherry color with a condition that i should get the vehicle before 24th the day shradh started and dealer agreed to it.

On 20th when I did not get any response I contacted them they said that not to worry but vehicle would be delivered before shradh now fear started creaping in that if it got delayed then would have to wait for 15 days and my car with the dealer. On 20th it was told that car had reached Bhatinda and dealer would confirm when I checked again it was not to be. On 21st it was communicated car would be reaching Bhatinda on 22nd afternoon and I can collect it on 23rd so I quickly booked the ticket for the train on 22nd night at 8 pm so that I can reach bhatinda in morning at 3 am, I was worried about spending 6 hrs at station. So on 22nd packed my small bag with basic requirements and started my journey to railway station and then it started to rain very heavily, thought would miss the train as was geting delayed due to heavy rains and traffic, managed to reach station just on the time but train was running an hour late and that was ok for me as i have to wait less at Bhatinda, but this was not to be train got more delay and finally i had to wait at New Delhi station for 8 hrs and boarded the train at 3 am. Immediately slept and in morning wifey called me to know the status and was surprised that train has reached bhatinda, it was 10 am so immediately checked my things and got out.
Bhatinda CSD dealer Mehta Motors was 400-600 mtrs away from station so with my check list ready and with a mindset that if i find any issues, I would not accept the car as has heard lot of stories about Tata dealership. When I reached Mehta motors i was very warmly given reception and introduced with the director and was asked for breakfast but told them I want to have a first look at my beauty, they then took me to their garage and their i saw my fox trot azure fiat linea standing and it was looking dazzling.
Now you would be asking that i booked cherry and how come fox trot so the reason is one fine day after the booking was done we had gone to ambience mall in gurgaon and saw fox trot and cherry color linea going past us, we followed it and then everybody in the car made the decision that fox trot looks very elegant and big so immediately called up the dealer and he obliged. Must say photo don't do any justice to this color, you have to see it in real to believe it....
Ok now going back to dealership experience, i pulled my checklist and started checkin things one by one and everything seems to in order. I was looking for one fault but coudn't find any finally i was impressed and said let's get the paperwork ready and meanwhile i was having a chat with the agent and he was very eager to know about my knowledge about fiat and why fiat is not doing. I showed him this site as well and told him that Tata first try to sell manza and then fiat. I found them really very helpful and they tried to resolve my every query. I would like to thank Ajay and Honey from Mehta Motors whom made my delivery process very smooth and memorable experience. So finally all the paperwork was completed in an hour and Honey explained me all the details about the car which I already knew but then good to refresh and then went out after checking everything was there, meanwhile i started getting call from home that puja needs to be done or ardaas in gurudwara needs to be done, I said ok and started my journey back to delhi. In between i got ardaas done as well. Was very happy with the delivery process but on midway i realised forgot about cover, perfume which were not there. Called honey and he said not a proble he will get that delivered.
Hence friends finay I reached delhi with my prized possession.

hey welcome to TAI ashish and nice story of your linea! please start new thread with pics so that we can discuss more. [:)]

Top Bottom