Nacheez Ki Shaan Mein Kya Kahen - Bas Hello Saain Hello

Thread Starter #1
Kare Kya Faayda Nacheez Ko Takleed Achchon Ki,
Ki Jam Jaane Se Kuchh Ola To Gauhar Ho Nahin Sakta
--- Dard
Nacheez- Trivial, Takleed = to follow, Ola = Hail stone, Gauhar = Pearl

Dard says in the above couplet,
It doesn't help the trivial to follow the Good People,
The Hailstone does not become a Pearl just by freezing at a place.

I begin my introduction with thoughts in my mind in tune with the above couplet ("Sher" which is not a tiger [;)] )

First of all, I would like to thank the TAI team for making this wonderful forum. Must thank for the fast way it is possible to join the forum as compared to some other boards. Also, I like the feel of the board software just by looking at it (reminds me of some of my favourite boards like hamaraforums and hifivision and gives a feeling of familiarity/comfort).

I have been reading the forum threads for a while. I find the members to be warm hearted human beings sharing their nuggets of wisdom and experiences whole heartedly. Also, I find discussions on topics of general as well as special interest have been taking place in a friendly manner which make one want to jump in with ones own "aane do aane" aka 2 cents in Amrika.

Hence, I decided to take the plunge and joined the forum. I hope to join in the discussions in the coming days.

I am in my 30s and currently based in Bangalore. I am an Engineer by training and work in a Defence establishment here. My interests include food (eat and cook), music (listening in all forms - records to mp3), cinema and books (preferably novel variety not the studying variety).

I have been a fan of automobiles from childhood though I have been for the most part been driven around. I am not very good at some of the mechanical stuff and clutch press/release - gear change don't come easily for me. (It just doesn't come easily to me :stupid:)
The first vehicle I remember seeing is a bullet my father used to drive. Later I discovered the Ambassadors and Fiats going around.
Then of course some of my relatives got themselves Maruti 800s and I started seeing more smaller cars.
There were of course bigger cars like Contessa which attracted me as well.
There's something very charming about these beasts that go around on the road.
When it was time to learn driving, being in a small place, two wheelers were the options to choose.
I had done a lot of cycling during school. Being a fan of simple rugged things I used to go around in a Hero Jet.
When trying to learn driving on my father's Bajaj Chetak, I discovered what a great relationship I have with clutch-brake and for some time dropped the idea of driving. So much for my confidence in my driving abilities
During college, one of my friend lent me his Hero Puch and I realised I can drive at least some vehicles easily (though this was one off).
When I started working, I was given a Honda Activa (the then 100 cc) on which I started driving all over Namma Bengaluru.
I later got myself the next model of Activa (110 cc) and that has been my mainstay.
Lately, I have been feeling the need for a four wheeler and recently booked it in June.
I'll be sharing the details of how I bought the vehicle (I am sure fellow Defence officers and staff would like to know the process of getting a car from CSD canteen as per the new rules since July) and my ownership experience in appropriate threads in sub-forums in the days to come.

Thanks to everyone for the patience shown in reading my uh "ram kahani".
I look forward to interacting with all stalwarts here (online and offline).

Happy Driving to all of you[drive]

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Quite a poetic one I must say. Wish you a great time here at The Automotive India buddy. For any guidance feel free to reach out to our members or the core team. Look forward to interacting with you more often.

Regards

Akash

Welcome on board mate and wish you have a great time here.
Looking forward to hear your ownership review of your new car and do share the details and discounts you got through your CSD purchase.
Great introduction[:)]

Thread Starter #7
Thanks a lot Akash and Vijay for your warm welcome!
Glad you liked my intro.
I will definitely ask for guidance on the group.
I am yet to register my new car in Bangalore as awaiting some papers to arrive. Will share all details once its done.
Haven't really been driving it much as am a bit apprehensive of driving alone at the moment. Will do some practice with someone (once my schedule allows a bit) and then start really driving. :)

Top Bottom