Hello Team TAI

Thread Starter #1
Hello Team TAI

My name is Jennis and I've been based in Chennai for the past 10 years though I originally come from Kerala. I've been mostly fascinated with bikes till I met with an accident that fractured my arm a few years ago. I've recovered fully but I've been permanently on cars ever since though I still secretly wish to get a Scrambler (Triumph, Ducati, or from RE). But then, I might end up scrambling from my wife as she dreads the idea of me getting on a bike again:) So that's going to be on a perpetual wishlist.

I learned to drive a car while I was in the US on an assignment. I got a chance to drive the Nissan Altima, which is a beautifiul car. I love driving smooth, powerful cars over winding roads but I am not a high-speed driver unless the roads are that good.

Back in India, I've been using a Maruti Alto for a couple of years till I got a WagonR. The K10 is a gem of an engine and I love the convenience it offers. However, due to the incessent traffic, I'm in the market for an automatic. I've heard a lot about DSGs but I prefer reliability over performance. So instead of the

Germans, I'm looking forward to taking an AT from the Japanese and Korean car makers. So currently, Honda City, Jazz, Elite i20, and Creta are shortlisted (provided the Hyundais get at least 5 speed transmission).

Other than cars, I love trekking, whitewater rafting, nature photography and reading non-fiction and have been to natures parks in the US and India.

I chose Content Reactor as my user name as it Goes in line with my field of work and how I contribute to online content.

Last edited by a moderator:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hi Jennis,

Welcome Aboard TAI. Wagon R is actually a great car in terms of driver's seating comfort as well. Recently, my friend and member of our forum also got a new Wagon R. I had a brief stint with bikes and first and last bike I have owned was Splendor Plus (Blue Color). Since you are into content creation and writing, It would be nice to be in touch with you buddy as me too love to write. Have a great time here and all the best for your next car purchase.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #3
Thanks a lot, Akash. Yes, I agree on the comfort level of the WagonR. I had a Pulsar 150 and skid while trying to avoid a cyclist crossing the road one early morning. Along with my hard braking, lack of ABS and the one-side tilt of the bike seem to be the reason for the fall. Really enjoyed the bike rides as I took it through all kinds of places - gravel, rain, and beaches. I've fallen a couple of times before too but was never bad enough to result in fracture. I rode my uncle's Splendor all around Goa. Goa is a lovely place for bike rides.

Sure, you can get in touch with me anytime:)

Apologies to the moderators. My post seems unedited. For some reason, I the line breaks didn't show up in the preview. I will try to be more careful next time.

Top Bottom