Hello From a Car Newbie!

Thread Starter #1
Hello there. I've been lurking this site for a few weeks now while doing some research for the first car I'm buying. The in-depth reviews really helped in that sense, and I finally settled on buying the Grand i10, which I book on Saturday. So I decided to register here as I foresee myself posting here a lot once I get it. Hope to have a nice time interacting and learning from you all.

> Real Name
Dheeraj, but you can call me "Sheik" around here. :D

> Hobbies
Music, movies, tv shows, the occassional book, philosophy, religion, guitar

> Occupation
Account manager in a cloud solutions company.

> Hometown / current location
Bangalore for both.

> Vehicles owned / driven / wish to own (And why?)
I've mostly used an Activa to commute. the Grand i10 will be my first car.

> Reason for selecting this username (if different from real name)
I've used this name on many other forums. It's the name of an album by Frank Zappa, and it's a play-on words (shake your booty).

Thank you! :)

Hello SHEIK [:D] welcome to TAI. Glad to know that TAI helped you to decide your new ride. Start a new thread and share your buying and ownership experiences. Best of luck for your coming Car.

350Z

Core Team
Hello there. I've been lurking this site for a few weeks now while doing some research for the first car I'm buying. The in-depth reviews really helped in that sense, and I finally settled on buying the Grand i10, which I book on Saturday. So I decided to register here as I foresee myself posting here a lot once I get it. Hope to have a nice time interacting and learning from you all.
Heartiest welcome to The Automotive India, Dheeraj! Good decision. What variant you've booked? Keep us updated. Please feel free to buzz the mods for any support.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #4
Hello SHEIK [:D] welcome to TAI. Glad to know that TAI helped you to decide your new ride. Start a new thread and share your buying and ownership experiences. Best of luck for your coming Car.
I think I'll just post the same in the Grand i10 Ownership thread. Don't want to create redundant threads. Thanks for the welcome. :)

Heartiest welcome to The Automotive India, Dheeraj! Good decision. What variant you've booked? Keep us updated. Please feel free to buzz the mods for any support.

Drive Safe,
350Z
I got the Asta(O) 1.2 in Twilight Blue. It's got all the bells and whistles. :D Should be here by next weekend. :)

Last edited:
Hi Sheik,

Heartiest welcome to TAI-gers den.
Congratulations on getting your new Hyundai.
Eagerly awaiting your views and reviews on the new ride.[drive]

PS: I would suggest you start a new ownership thread for the same, as it would be easier for everyone to find and respond to your specific queries as well as it'll be unique to your car. You can continue the same thread for regular updates or milestones that you can share with other users (Just a thought, nothing hard and fast, I'm sure our mods would agree that a new thread would be better).

Wish you a million miles and trillion smiles ahead!![;)]

Last edited:
Hi Sheik,

Welcome to The Automotive India. Let us know more about the details of your car (like delivery date etc). Make sure you create a separate ownership thread for the same. In case you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with us.

Cheers.

Welcome to The Automotive India and many congratulations on your first ride and your grand bookings.Looking forward to see it on your hands and your ownership review.
Do go through the PDI checklist before taking the delivery of your grand.
Enjoy your stay.

Top Bottom