Petrol Head From London

Thread Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm Al from London UK. I'm hoping to come over to India early next year and have been learning what I can about the car in India through TAI.

I drive a Subaru Impreza WRX which has had the exhaust and filter modified. With a remap this has taken peak power up from 225 to 274bhp.

My interest's are driving around Europe and visiting (and driving) race tracks, my favorites being the Nurburgring in Germany and Monza in Italy.

Are there track day's or organised driving trips in India? Looking forward to chatting with and eventually meeting like minded people!

Al

Welcome to TAI Al. You have a beast there, Impreza. [evil].

There are trips organised, but those are organised by forum members, you can be part of one as well.

Hey Al, welcome to The Automotive India!

Guess we no more have to ask where Scooby is[;)].

There are various groups that organise track days in India like AMG, VW, Super Car Club (SCC), etc., but you really cant compare these to the European scenario.

Looking forward to catch up with you on the Forum.

Have a 'boxer' time here:biggrin:.

Regards,
Sam

Welcome to TAI dude. If I am correct Subaru is the only manufacturer that manufactures only AWD. Even it's sedans like the impreza are all wheel drives.

If I am correct Subaru is the only manufacturer that manufactures only AWD. Even it's sedans like the impreza are all wheel drives.
Yes they develop only AWD cars, even their Hatch is AWD. Only car they developed RWD is BRZ, that was because they developed it as joint collaboration with Toyota. FYI Toyota owns Subaru now. [clap]

Thread Starter #6
(Quote) You have a beast there, Impreza. [evil].

Pic 1.jpg

It's a 2005 car with just a few mods. Hoping to get it to 300bhp by next year... This is from our trip to the Nurburgring, Germany last June.

Is there a car tuning industry within India? Remapping, exhausts, filters, engine building?

(Quote) You have a beast there, Impreza. [evil].

View attachment 129472

It's a 2005 car with just a few mods. Hoping to get it to 300bhp by next year... This is from our trip to the Nurburgring, Germany last June.

Is there a car tuning industry within India? Remapping, exhausts, filters, engine building?
welcome Al to the forum and the great country called India, am sure you will be eagerly helped along the way on this form by like minded people.

on the scuby besided all their cars being AWD another distint feature on all their cars are frameless windows.

god bless
take care
regards
vinod

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #9
Many thanks for the welcome, it looks like it'll be an exciting time for the the petrol head and the car in the years ahead. I'll enjoy watching it develop.

Al

Top Bottom