Hello from Middle East - The Land of Date Palm Trees.

Thread Starter #1
Hi All, My name is Rajan Mathew. I am from Pathanamthitta, Kerala. Pathanamthitta is a district, exactly in between Cochin and Trivandrum. Presently located in Middle East. I stayed in Maharashtra for around six years. Graduated from Bombay University, and later worked for a telecommunication company. My initial assignment was a customer support engineer covering the whole Maharashtra. Extensive journey including cities like Pune, Aurangabad, Nagpur and etc. Later relocated to Middle East after having couple of year’s experience.

I experimented my driving skills on an Ambassador, and become semi-skilled driver using my father’s WagonR, and become skilled driver on a rented Mahindra Scorpio. I got a chance to drive Toyota Innova from Pathanamthitta to Ernakulam, approximatekly 150kms. Since then loved to do long drives.

Now drives own SUV, and the initial ownership experience will be available on a separate thread. Recently made a couple of long drives. Hope some of my classmates, Mumbai friends available in this forum, and love to meet them through this forum.

350Z

Core Team
Re: Hello from Middle East, the land of Date Palm Trees.

Heartiest welcome to The Automotive India, Rajan. We’re delighted to have you with us. Do feel free to give a buzz should you require any support. So which car do you own?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi Rajan Mathew,
Welcome to The Automotive India.Where exactly are you from?
Regards,
Aneesh.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4

Thanks 350Z, and draneeshpm.
Wish to open a new thread for my ownership experience.

I am from Pathanamthitta district, Kerala. To draneeshpm, near to Catholicate college, on way to Pandalam from Pathanamthitta. I moved to Bombay immediately after my pre-university (PDc), and continued studies there.

Regards

Thanks 350Z, and draneeshpm.
Wish to open a new thread for my ownership experience.

I am from Pathanamthitta district, Kerala. To draneeshpm, near to Catholicate college, on way to Pandalam from Pathanamthitta. I moved to Bombay immediately after my pre-university (PDc), and continued studies there.

Regards
Welcome to TAI family Mathew.

Waiting for your ownership reviews. Do post some pictures of your ride and if you had made any trips, share your experiences as well with us.

Hey Rajan, thanks for the 'filter kaapi' (burp!) and heartiest welcome to The Automotive India!

Enough of driving in India, how about some wadi bashing in the Gulf now?

Do visit the Announcements section and understand the rules of posting on the Forum. Feel free to invite the Moderators for dune bashing get in touch with the Moderators in case you need any assistance.

Have a great time here.

Khushamdid,
Sam

A very warm welcome to TAI Rajan.
Look forward to your active participation and will keep checking the landcruiser thread.
I just wish it was CKD in India.

Best Regards
IR

Thread Starter #9
Thanks Iron Rock.

Need to justify the title. Adding couple of pictures. The below picture is all about a young date palm tree, and just beginning to yield.

IMG_3454.JPG

This picture is about Date Palm Nursery. High yield palm trees are planted, and taken care in a Nursery up-to certain years. Later replanted on different ares.

P1040897.jpg

Dates on plates.
Date_Palm_4d5e9b54b90dc.jpg

Thanks Iron Rock.

Need to justify the title. Adding couple of pictures. The below picture is all about a young date palm tree, and just beginning to yield.

View attachment 115412

This picture is about Date Palm Nursery. High yield palm trees are planted, and taken care in a Nursery up-to certain years. Later replanted on different ares.

View attachment 115409

Dates on plates.
View attachment 115410
Beautiful pictures Mathew.

I remember I used to drive up to Khafji (Saudi-Kuwait border) from Dammam during holidays to meet one of my relatives there.

Thread Starter #11
I found more Palm trees on the way to Athirapally from Chalakudy. The below photo is taken near to DreamWorld water theme park, Kerala.

DSC01454.JPG

Top Bottom