Bonjour To All the Members!!

Thread Starter #1
Pleasure meeting you all.
I guess I am the first Manipuri to join this group[clap]. Let me introduce myself. My name is Joe and I am a Manipuri. My hometown is Imphal. I have been in Bangalore for the past 10 years and have been in love with this beautiful place. Apart from my love for cars, I do have a passion for cycling, tattooing, and pets (I have 1 scorpion, 1 turtle, 2 Crabs, 1 great dane, 1 pug, and lots of fishes..hehe). Enjoying the weekend rides with my fellow cyclists and explore unknown countrysides are my usual ways to treat myself and a favour to the environment.
And every friday is my "Cycle to work" day:)
Coming back to cars, my first car was an OHC 1.5, black color which I gifted myself for my birthday in 2007. I bought it 2nd hand. Now it's been 5 years since I have been driving and I looooove this car (I am sure any OHC owners in this forum would agree with me). I also have a Ford Ikon 1.3. This is my uncle's car. He does not drive anymore, so I am using it as well.
Hope to see a lot of interesting topics to share, discuss and get expert helps.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard Joe - a very nice introduction.
Look forward to see your ownership experiences with the OHC

Have a nice stay here.
Best Wishes
IR

350Z

Core Team
And every friday is my "Cycle to work" day:) Coming back to cars, my first car was an OHC 1.5, black color which I gifted myself for my birthday in 2007.
Nice introduction, Joe and a warm welcome to The Automotive India. What cycle you’re riding now? While we’re keen to read about OHC but I won’t mind a quick review of the cycle too. Really, that’ll be a first on TAI. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #9
@Rightnow: Sure Mate, I would love to share the pics of my pets. I would try to do it over the weekend.

@ Iron Rock: My OHC is a 2002 model. And i would say this car is one of the best looking cars in India which is also modification friendly. I am not done any modifications though except for the 14'' Plati Alloy wheels and yokohama tires. The car has the best blend of performance and comfort. Fast pickup and has good ride/handling. Uptill now, the car has touched 86K and I have covered about 15k from the time I bought in 2007. Apart from some minor mechanical parts replacements; thankfully, the car is being merciful to me by not asking me for any major parts replacements. However, I need to change the front suspensions though. i am waiting for my salary.

Plus points:
It is a fast car. Even though it is a 12 years old car, it is still silky smooth, and high revving.
Good resale value. I have been enquired many times if my car is up for sale. I have been offered 2.5L once from a guy.
Comparatively, it still looks quite futuristic and sporty.
It has good space inside.
Easy and a great car to drive in town.
Parts easily available and reasonable price.
Has a good image

Minus Points:
Mileage[frustration] I am getting only about 9km/l. Mechanically, I am an alien. I just know the basics of the car so if you could suggest me how can I increase the mileage, it would be wonderful. I know of a 2002 OHC near my house in RT nagar and I asked him once about his mileage and he said he gets about 14 km/l!!! I would be over the moon if i get that mileage.

P:S I would love to write my overall experience with my OHC in details. But this would take some time. Please bare with me.

@ D.J.D. I am not from your region. I am from Manipur and right now I am in Bangalore. But yeh, Tiruchirappali is not so far from Blore.:tongue:

@350Z: Glad you like my introduction..hehe. I have a Trek Hybrid Bicycle 7.1 Fx. I upgraded it from Hercules Neo Hybrid just recently. With work and recreational use I put around 100-150 kms on it per week. The design makes for a comfortable ride and the bike can reach fast speeds when needed. I have touched 45 kms/hr! The brakes are nothing special, but get the job done. The gears switches very smoothly. I have been using this bike for only 2 months now so I have not encountered any issues yet.
The stock saddle is not very comfortable for long rides. So I have replaced it with one from BTwin which costed me 1600. I wanted to buy Trek 7.3 Fx but I was low on cash. So I settled for 7.1. But I am happy with my decision.

Nice and warm welcome to TAI !

You got a nice bike. TREK.
While returning from Nandi hills, i touched 60Km/hr (just wanted to see how fast i can). While climbing the minimum speed was 0-1Km/hr [lol]
Part of Go Green?
I used to ride along. Now really got busy and do not ride to work/outside much. Maximum km traveled was 190+ km during Nandi trip. Now it is less than 30KM a week

Top Bottom