Hello Everyone. Appus from Bangalore.

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAI'ans,

This is appus from Bangalore (Basically from kerala ; in bangalore for almost 10 years) . Joined a while back. Like many, joined for getting some inputs while traveling. Later got attracted to it. Now started reading other forums sections and feeling proud to be part of this community. Thank you all.

Vehicle I have is Swift Dzire Vdi . Clocked just 5600km in an year and half.
Initially was really scared of driving in Bangalore. Even now I do not drive car to office. Two reasons. 1.Traffic 2. I hate to drive solo adding more congestion to the chocking traffic. (may be after seeing/using car pooling outside india).

Hobbies: Reading anything related to technology. Photography (beginner). Love talking a lot with friends(not much on phone). Weekend travel to places around bangalore is our newest hobby :-)

We (me & wify) do not have many friends here. If some couple planning for trips & looking for company, we would love to join . (we feel it is more secure to travel long distance with another couple than traveling alone)

Working in IT sector.
Stays near to Nayandahalli (Bangalore. Bsk 3rd stage)

Thank you all.

Regards,
appus

Hello "appus"

Welcome to TAI on behalf of all members
Hope you can share more & help this community grow.

Have to say you should have bought a petrol car which would really work out for considering your usage.
We have lots of TAI members from Bangalore here.

Thread Starter #4
Thank You both :)

@Prads,
Initially we thought of going for a petrol car to save a lakh :)
But. What bothered me more than emi was something else

Reason 1:
When we take out the car now, we put diesel worth 1500-2000 rs for 600 to 800 km. Getting a mileage of 20+ easily.
If i take a petrol car , we have to put 3000-4000rs with a mileage of 15kmpl ? (i do not know the mileage on petrol). Even if i get 20+, i have to put 3K for 800KM.

That sudden pinch, somehow feel more costlier than the 1Lakh i pay thru EMIs

Reason 2
When i want to sell a Diesel car (even the diesel price become 63Rs), I will get at least a lakh more while selling (I am not sure whether i will sell or not)

Reason 3
Heard that Diesel cars (new ones) are having less cost in maintenance compared to petrol car (Not worried much in either way. Did not cost more than 800rs so far even while changing oil).

Main reason always remains that 'pinch' while putting petrol [;)]

Thanks again :)

Hello Appus, welcome to The Automotive India,

That was a nice intro of yours, and congrats for your swift VDI(our forum is short of swift's please do share your review).

Initially was really scared of driving in Bangalore. Even now I do not drive car to office. Two reasons. 1.Traffic 2. I hate to drive solo adding more congestion to the chocking traffic.
That's a nice initiative to save the environment, Kudos to ya.

Have a pleasant stay and please feel free to contact the team for assistance.[:)]

350Z

Core Team
Heartiest welcome to The Automotive India, Appu (Now we have two Appus on the forum). Have a nice time here. Looking forward to read more about your Swift. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

A very warm welcome to TAI Appus.
Look forward to your active participation.
Have a nice stay here.

Best Wishes
IR

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
Thank You Viswas, Iron Rock and 350Z for the warm welcome .
Seeing your active participation made me to keep this forum 'ON' all the time.

I didn't want to 'increase the number of post' by thanking one by one. So waited for few replies [:)]

Thanks again !

EDIT:
Just now, noticed that the 'posting here do not increase the number of posts'. :)

Last edited:
Thank You both :)

@Prads,
Initially we thought of going for a petrol car to save a lakh :)
But. What bothered me more than emi was something else

Reason 1:
When we take out the car now, we put diesel worth 1500-2000 rs for 600 to 800 km. Getting a mileage of 20+ easily.
If i take a petrol car , we have to put 3000-4000rs with a mileage of 15kmpl ? (i do not know the mileage on petrol). Even if i get 20+, i have to put 3K for 800KM.

That sudden pinch, somehow feel more costlier than the 1Lakh i pay thru EMIs

Reason 2
When i want to sell a Diesel car (even the diesel price become 63Rs), I will get at least a lakh more while selling (I am not sure whether i will sell or not)

Reason 3
Heard that Diesel cars (new ones) are having less cost in maintenance compared to petrol car (Not worried much in either way. Did not cost more than 800rs so far even while changing oil).

Main reason always remains that 'pinch' while putting petrol [;)]

Thanks again :)
Hmmm well i hope many other people dont read this, soon we wont have any petrol cars on the road [lol]

Hi Appu,

Welcome to TAI.

I am from Trivandrum Kerala. Where is your native place in Kerala?

Also please do share your ownership experience with Swift VDi.

Have a nice stay here [:)]

Cheers,
Sankar

Thread Starter #11
@Prads,
I read somewhere that Maruti stopped production of petrol car in one of their plant. Did they see my post [wink]

@Sankar,
Thanks.
Welcome to TAI from my side too :)

Basically from Kannur

About ownership. I am not taking the CAR daily. Busy traffic / Alone traveler. Takes out only while going above 100+ km.

Car is nice. No problems. BOOT is really a plus to keep some valuable items than keeping inside (when parking).
Driving - NO vibrations even at 130-140 (I had changed tyres to Michelin XM1+). It is smooth in maneuvering. Dzire is my first car I am driving in India. So, I love it.

I wished i had a tilt steering option in VDI. I am 6.2" !

Regards,
appus

Last edited:
@Prads,
I read somewhere that Maruti stopped production of petrol car in one of their plant. Did they see my post [wink]

@Sankar,
Thanks.
Welcome to TAI from my side too :)

Basically from Kannur

About ownership. I am not taking the CAR daily. Busy traffic / Alone traveler. Takes out only while going above 100+ km.

Car is nice. No problems. BOOT is really a plus to keep some valuable items than keeping inside (when parking).
Driving - NO vibrations even at 130-140 (I had changed tyres to Michelin XM1+). It is smooth in maneuvering. Dzire is my first car I am driving in India. So, I love it.

I wished i had a tilt steering option in VDI. I am 6.2" !

Regards,
appus
Thanks Appus[:D]

Do you have rattles in your Dzire? I have heard of some of my friends complaining about poor built quality in some Dzire.

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #13
Thanks Appus[:D]

Do you have rattles in your Dzire? I have heard of some of my friends complaining about poor built quality in some Dzire.

Regards,
Sankar
I dont hear any. When I keep air-freshner on AC Vent, i do hear some kind of noise. I got the 2011 model.

Built quality is poor if i compare to the other vehicle/brand I have driven. (Toyota Camry/Chrysler etc)

Top Bottom