Hello Everybody

Thread Starter #1
I'm from Pune former doctor, now self employed forex trader. I love cars and drive a lot. I purchsed Thar CRDE\ in October and already made 12000km. I would like to share my driving experience and useful GPS points.

I'm not a technical expert, but I got quite a lot of experience in driving in different countries like Russia, Germany, Poland.

I owned and drove a lot of different cars in the past, here is few Merc 500 8 cylinders petrol, BMW 5 and 3 series, Nissan Leopard, Honda Prelud, Toyota Corolla 1984 model AT, Nissan Terrano.

Hope to learn new things and get some valuable advice from estimated members of this forum.

best regards
Pinwheel
(nic not related to cars, who need such wheels anyway, it is from astronomy)

Hi pinwheel, welcome to TAI.

That's a great intro. But, I don't get one thing, how the sudden change of interests in your career? Being a doctor one day to a forex trader in the next. That's a huge gearshift.
Joking.:p

Have a great time interacting in this forum. :)

Thread Starter #3
thanks,

such gear shift is very much possible. by survey conducted in UK, doctors are most dissatisfied and depressed among other professionals.

Hello,
Myself Munish and I am from delhi and currently bought honda Brio AT on 16th feb.It is my first and I am really happy that I invested my money in perfect car[:)][:)][:)] Sorry for this short description and review of the car as I am travelling currently.Will update more pics and other parts in 1-2 days.

Attachments

Thread Starter #5
hi Mushin, congrats, Honda cars a lot of fun to drive. Honda engineering their cars without compromise, every part is perfectly adequate to each other, engine, brakes, steering.
I owned Honda Prelude long time back and its perfect brakes saved my life quite few times, ABS brakes was totally fantastic on that car.

350Z

Core Team
I owned Honda Prelude long time back and its perfect brakes saved my life quite few times, ABS brakes was totally fantastic on that car.
Hey doc. Heartiest welcome to The Automotive India. Once I had a short stint in Honda Prelude. It was a delightful experience to say the least. I’m also pleased to learn that you own a Thar. A few of us here were waiting for first-hand report straight from the owner. I’m expecting that wish would be fulfilled quite soon. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hello Pinwheel, welcome to The Automotive India,

That was a nice intro of yours and i got a great response from you in the other thread regarding Thar, please do share an ownership review, it will be nice.

Have a pleasant stay and please feel free to contact the team for assistance.[:)]

Hello,
Myself Munish and I am from delhi and currently bought honda Brio AT on 16th feb.It is my first and I am really happy that I invested my money in perfect car Sorry for this short description and review of the car as I am travelling currently.Will update more pics and other parts in 1-2 days.
Hi Munish, welcome to TAI, well congrats for your Brio AT (My god 4 Brios in our forum within a week!) in please do start a separate thread for your introduction and share your ownership review of your beautiful brio here

A very warm welcome to TAI Pinwheel, interesting introduction and wide array of car choices you made, the leopard is interesting choice as well, was it a v6 ?

Have a nice stay here and really look forward to your Thar escapades

Thread Starter #9
thanks everybody!!

sure Ill make thread about That and fill it up gradually.

Yeah Those Leopard was a remarkable car total beast, it was quite hard to resist and not to buy it, brain and heart kind of battle. 6 cylinders inline petrol, huge wheels, automatic gear box. Engine sound was like a jet turbine. Gear box was with boost position after D, but switch was very uncomfortable. It was equipped with some funny optical tumbler ignition distributor, complicated thing, and it fail eventually.

Sorry to say but my experience with Nissan cars was not so good. Other car Nissan Terrano SUV was very very dangerous, brake harder and it will start spinning in the middle of the road, got into it twice, avoided accident only because other drivers on road were vigilant. Also in Terrano petrol when you drive over splashes of water, ignition sparks can get wet and car want dive anywhere, in case if engine hot it will take 10-15 minutes of waiting. Once it happens on the way to airport, not the thing any one want to happen on the way to airport at night.

hey 350Z
yeah this Honda Prelude was real fun to drive and some kind of advanced car by that time. Design was real winner, engine 1.8 petrol 4 cyl good enough for not so heavy car as it was.

real thing in this car was handling and cornering, it was so stable on the road so you can safely turn your head 180 dergree and when you will be back, it will still go in the same direction.

Seats was great two, some time I drove on highways at 100kmh with cruise control in complete reclain position with foots placed on the seat too. At this time three was not so many cars with cruise control, so once I drove like that at 100khm and police car overtakes me and policeman was quite stunned to see my unusual driving position.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Doc, Welcome aboard. Four months and 12K Odo [clap] is some serious driving. Long live you Jeepers’!! My cousin praises the Prelude every time we chat over the Skype. I feel J about THAR and wish to own one sometime in my life. Wish you many more happy miles with THAR!

God Bless! ,
Cheers!
BikerB0y

Thread Starter #11
Hello Doc, Welcome aboard. Four months and 12K Odo [clap] is some serious driving. Long live you Jeepers’!! My cousin praises the Prelude every time we chat over the Skype. I feel J about THAR and wish to own one sometime in my life. Wish you many more happy miles with THAR!

God Bless! ,
Cheers!
BikerB0y
hey

yeah 12K two services completed, first I changed oils at 1000km, then first service at 5000km at Mahindra at Kullu, then second service in Mathura.

Changed bumpers, side rolls, and front grill from Bibmbra in Gurgaon. Great improvement. Does not have time to install hard top and now regret about it.

50K for fiber glass hard top of quite good quality is a bargain. Hard top on Thar is a must especially if you planing to drive on highways. Thar can go easy 130-140kmh, but after 120kmh soft top beginning flopping so badly so you have to keep it 120 kmh.

another thing is that THAR brakes is in no any ways are made for highways, if any one planing to drive something like 80 - 100khm on Thar, brakes MUST to be upgraded up to specifications kindly provided by Mr. Behram Dhabhar.

Please let me know if you one knows where it can be done. After brakes upgrade and hard top I planning to do engine remap, then Thar will be doing 160 kmh on highway. I'm quite sure about it.

Last long drive was from Vrindavan to Pune, we started from Vrindavan at 21:00 and at morning made left turn ahead of Ajmer, then turned on SH5 from NH8. Sh5 great road, quality superb, no trucks. Stopped at McDonalds in Mumbai 21:00, reached home at Pune at 2:00 am. Two persons non stop drive. Most horrible stretch was from Surat level to Mumbai, totally packed with trucks. Need to check some state highway instead of NH8.

Last edited:
Hello Pinwheel,

Welcome to TAI,

your past driving experience with different types of cars are quite interesting.

Have a pleasant stay here :)

Top Bottom