Hi from Saran!

Thread Starter #1
Hi to all,

I am Saravanan from Pondicherry.. currently working & staying @Singapore..
Yesterday only came to know about this marvellous site, with a load pack of info about automobiles..

proud to be a part of it.

Sorry for long intro. kinda loose talker.hehehe[lol]

About my rides.

1.Using a Avenger 180cc bought new on Dec 2006 & still owning it, driven around 20k kms only..

2.Used to own a Used Santro 2003 model for 2 months[Jan 2009 - March 2009], later got exchanged with same used car dealer for Ford ikon 1.3 flair . drove it for around 2 years. about 35k kms total.. around 9-10k driven by me, other by my brothers.later sold as i moved to singapore for work n my brothers also moved out for work.

I learned driving in My ford only. still noobie in driving & zero in technical & troubleshooting skills in cars..

expect to learn and share more about automobiles.. from you gurus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hai saran
Welcome to TAI
myself from pondy
BTW where are you from in pondy?
Im near patrick school.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
Thanks for the Warm Welcome wishes bros..

@Rajvel,
I am Ariyankuppam area, On the way to veerampattinam, near periyar statue.
Happy to see some pondicherians are here.[:D]

Rearding Singapore Auto scene,

I have seen Hyundai i30 on 2009 itself, ugly looking hatch (imo only).

It's like we can see all of the major brands inclusive of ferrari (i am not well versed with model numbers :( , now only learning), all models in USA, UK but with Right hand drive.
Bentley, Maserati, Porsche cars and Benz & BMW Convertibles. are common here.
FYI We have Rolls-royce R&D and manufacturing plant here [in construction & partial operating]. Have seen a handful of Ghost & Phantoms here.

My office managers , 3 of them Have BMWs 2x 530i & 1x 320i, Our Boss have Benz C-class & S-class, each one.

If you are automobile freak, you can see the roads all day for first 1-2 months for variety of new cars, which we haven't seen or heard in india.

I literally did :)

Benz E220, Chrysler 300D are premium Taxi's here. Normally i wait for Chrysler everytime when going from airport to my place.
proud to say in these 3+ years i travelled all model of taxis, atleast couple of times in each. hehehe[lol]

Hyundai sonata is common taxi vehicle here, along here with old Toyota Crown & Nissan Cedric . Most of Cedrics and crowns are more tha 8L kms run & still doing solid.

Some octavias, chevys & hyndai azeras also in cab business.

Can see dozen of Ferraris, Hummers in City area.

I'm very obsessed with Toyota RUSH & Dahaitsu Terios lookalike twins.
Really don't know why Toyota has no idea of introducing this and RAV4 in India.

DAIHATSU TERIOS 7seater

Toyota Malaysia - Rush

But only bad thing is very expensive here.
Our Suzuki swift costs approx S$125,000 (showroom price, incluisve of festive offer)[1S$=45 Indian Rupees].

Our Discover 150 itself costs ard $7000.parking fees will come around 35-45$/month at home only for 2 wheelers. mall parking rates are different. also ERP[Road toll] inside city area, ever day applicable in peak hours.

Also no free parking anywhere, even in home. Parking meter runs always.

In short Having any automobile is like buying PITA.

I can only dream about having car or bike here. Public transport [especially Metro Train]is fastest & safest here.

Will try to share a lot in future.

Last edited:
Hello Saravanan, welcome to TAI. That was a nice intro of yours,how about sharing about the Singapore automotive scene is a separate thread? It would be nice.

Have a pleasant stay and please feel free to contact the team for assistance.[:)]

Hi Saran

Welcome aboard!!

Agree with your opinion that the I30 is an ugly looking hatch (disproportionate)

I see a lot of them in Brasil here and not once did i find any appeal in it [confused]

A very warm welcome to TAI Saran
Have a nice stay here and look forward to your active participation.

Best Wishes
IR

Top Bottom