Mahindra Torque Day with XUV500

Thread Starter #1
Guys,

Mahindra organised a track day this sunday i.e. 06/05/2012 for media and XUV500 customers(I guess a selected few) in the Budha International Circuit, Greater Noida. Where the owners/mediapersons were allowed to have a go on the race track. I got some snaps from my friend who was there as a photographer. But I guess we would like to know the first hand experience of some of the members if they were invited or attended the same.

Anyone??

350Z

Core Team
Our forum member Shona210 was lucky enough to drive his XUV500 on BIC. He will put up the report soon. Meanwhile, requesting you to upload some photos.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Though I am not a F1 enthusiast or follower, I do love driving my XUV500 bought some four months back on all kinds of surfaces and under different test conditions. Therefore when a SMS confirmed that I would be going to BIC at Greater Noida for a chance to drive my XUV on India's only F1 track, I was thrilled beyond imagination. I took along my office assistant Nafis Khan and my 2 daughters for our date with the F1 track.

We got a nice briefing from F1 experts at BIC on do's and don'ts on the F1 track and when I got my chance to drive on F1 track, I forgot quite few of them. I did overtake as the 2 cars on front of me refused to accelerate beyond 100km/hr and in my last lap, I did experience a Spin. On one of the sharpest turns, I got off-track by few inches onto the grass at a speed around 100 miles an hour and I experienced couple of spins but managed to get back on the track.

Overall, it was a thoroughly enjoyable day with Mahindra ensuring great food and some great cheer-leaders to add to the fun.

Yes, I was there as a proud owner of my XUV. We had to first register ourselves at Reception and then sign an Indemnity bond there. The lady handling all this at counter was very rude and seemed enjoying picking fight with almost everyone though the guys from Mahindra were very helpful.

After the guys from media, we, the XUV owners, were given a chance to drive 5 laps on the F1 track. The curves and bends on the track were breathtaking and the noise our tyres made on them was very thrilling.
They had some quizzes and delicious food to offer as well. In the end, there was a race between a Mahindra Scorpio, Mahindra Thar and XUV 500 which of course, XUV won comfortably.

Overall, a memorable day at BIC, courtesy Mahindra.[:)]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I was there as a proud owner of my XUV. We had to first register ourselves at Reception and then sign an Indemnity bond there. The lady handling all this at counter was very rude and seemed enjoying picking fight with almost everyone though the guys from Mahindra were very helpful.
After the guys from media, we, the XUV owners, were given a chance to drive 5 laps on the F1 track. The curves and bends on the track were breathtaking and the noise our tyres made on them was very thrilling.
They had some quizzes and delicious food to offer as well. In the end, there was a race between a Mahindra Scorpio, Mahindra Thar and XUV 500 which of course, XUV won comfortably.
Good to see another fellow XUV owner on TAI, please share more details from the event with pics and also your vehicle experience [cheers]

Yes, I was there as a proud owner of my XUV. We had to first register ourselves at Reception and then sign an Indemnity bond there...
...there was a race between a Mahindra Scorpio, Mahindra Thar and XUV 500 which of course, XUV won comfortably. Overall, a memorable day at BIC, courtesy Mahindra.[:)]
That was lovely, can you share some pictures or Videos if you have?

Here are some pics from Torque Day event on 5th May....

As for my experience with XUV in last four months since I first bought it, it has been nothing less than Fabulous. The car has an amazing pick-up and you never feel that you are driving such a big monster.
The Braking is good and gear-shift is one of the best I have seen among most SUVs and even some cars.

There is no body-roll on curves and the cabin is absolutely noise-free even though its a Diesel engine. The mileage I get is around 11km/l in city and around 14-15 on highways.

I have clocked around 6k kms so far and haven't encountered anything troublesome so far.

I had done 1st service at 5k mark and the experience at dealership was amazing. The service guy was nice and polite and he explained everything in detail. They had a seperate lounge for XUV customers which was amazing.
Only handicap I sometimes feel is lack of boot space as I have got a big family which usually travels together and even the 3rd row is occupied.
The best part is my kids love their car which is most satisfying.

Attachments

So lovecars yours is a niggle free experience so far?
Congrats because this is quite an achievement (joke).

Do share any niggles you had so far with your XUV.

350Z

Core Team
Here are some pics from Torque Day event on 5th May.
There's a mighty mouse (Fiat 500) beside the Cheetah on background of the first image. Driving on Buddh sure would have been fun. You can create an ownership review of the car here. And do tell us about the experience on Torque Day with some more photographs. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

If some niggles are to be compulsorily mentioned, I would list few of very minor ones of them-
1.) My fuel consumption would always read as 14-15/l before my 1st Service. Initially, I was very happy that I was getting such good mileage even in city but later, I realized it was a wrong reading.
2.) When once I went from Delhi to Jaipur, I observed that I my6 speedometer was showing speeds of 170-180 and sometimes even 200+ while in actuality, I must have been driving only around 100 km mark. The speedometer needle was gyrating wildly unnecessarily.
I pointed both these things to guy at 1st Service who got them corrected promptly. Apart from these, I can't recall any and maybe there might be few more minor niggles but since I am not much into the habit of Fault Finding, I haven't discovered them as yet.

Thread Starter #11
Wow!!!! It must have been a great experience driving your car on an F1 circuit. Lucky yoy.

OT!!
In case you travel with 7 people on board you can opt for roof carrier. I think it looks good too on the SUV.

the XUV owners, were given a chance to drive 5 laps on the F1 track. The curves and bends on the track were breathtaking and the noise our tyres made on them was very thrilling.
Hi,Lucky you for getting a chance to drive on the F1 track. As for the thrilling noise from the tires be prepared to shell out 60k a little bit sooner after driving 5 laps on the F1 circuit[:)] ( each tire of the XUV costs 15k[:D]).

Bro, when it comes to doing things U love, then U don't bother about tyres wearing out sooner than usual. I am glad that experience of driving my XUV on F1 track would stay with me forever.

With long straights and some good turns,BIC is definitely the right place to discover the limits of XUV as well as the driver too.

@Lovecars:Reading your experience and seeing the pics was a real treat.And I am feelign even happier to know that you are very much satisfied with your XUV.Wishing you lacs of hassle free kilometers with your cheetah.

It looks like the rally spec XUV matches perfectly with those orange-white background at the BIC.I am thinking of how to get my hand on those cars with a circuit like BIC.At least for the good pickup and responsiveness if all given in right hands then XUV can give soem true joy.

Again you are spot "When doing the things we love,nothing else matters at that time"..just we do the task having lost in it.

Top Bottom