Gautam Singhania Unveils India’s First Drifting Car

Thread Starter #1
Gautam Singhania, chairman and managing director, Raymond Limited has unveiled India’s first and only exclusive drifting car. He designed this car after his victory at the AllStars European Drift Championship held at Malta in September, 2012.

Mr. Gautam Singhania, Chairman and Managing Director, Raymond Limited and Founding Chairman of Super Car Club (SCC) today unveiled India’s first and only exclusive drifting car. A super car enthusiast, he had this car designed following his emphatic win at the Allstars European Drift Championship held at Malta in September 2012 in the amateur category after just a few days of drifting experience.

Mr. Singhania bagged the top spot at the All Stars Drift European series which saw over 30 participants competing in this intense final. Mr. Singhania, who was driving a modified Nissan Sylvia S13 at the competition managed to narrowly edge past the second best by the point difference of 2.5. The other racers hailed from all across Europe making Mr. Singhania the only Asian and Indian to have participated.

Mr. Gautam Singhania, said, “Drifting as a motorsport has always attracted and intrigued me. I always wanted to learn this form of motorsport. It was great experience while competing at the All Star series. It feels like a great honour to be the champion in one of the most premier professional drifting competitions in Europe. The competition was intense but I managed to win. I will definitely pursue this sport further. The drifting car is testimony to that and I have been practicing in it to hone my drifting skills."

At the event, Mr. Singhania unveiled a short film on his winning striker at the All Stars Drift European series. The video captures Mr. Singhania’s performance at the series, uncovering his passion for the sport. It also offered a glimpse into drifting as a motorsport and how he managed to win the title.

This win follows close on the heels of SCC's adventurous Leh Ladakh Expedition 2012 held in August 2012.
Gautam-Singhania-Drifting-Car--Skyline.jpg

Gautam-Singhania-Drifting-Car-1.jpg

Gautam-Singhania-Drifting-Car-2.jpg

Gautam-Singhania-Drifting-Car-3.jpg

Gautam-Singhania-Drifting-Car-4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom