Originally Posted by Nofate
Whats the engine specification of D-Max pickup trucks, not able to find Isuzu India website.
well the d max is powered by 2.5 ltr turbo charged engine. No vgt turbo in it as in mu-7. The hp is 137 and torque is 290nm.
I went to the showroom to see the vehicles. Here's my few observations d-max
1. good quality but plain jane interiors.
2. No ac only heater.According to dealer it can be fitted afterwards from the showroom itself.
3. comfortable front seats.
4. Rear seats are short on thigh support and are quite vertical. not comfortable for long drives. Same as tata xenon.
4. Tyre size is 215 70 r 15
5. ground clearance is about 190 mm thanks to small tyres.
6. solidly built.
7. comes only in 2 wheel drive version Mu-7
1. Good road presence but its quite old school ( same as endeavour and force one)
2. looks identical to force 1
3. plain jane interiors but the plastic quality is good.
4. front seats are good.
5. back seats have no thigh support and are quite narrow. Same like ford endeavour.
6. even children can't sit in the 3rd row as the seats starts from the floor. Endeavour is far better in this. I tried sitting but it was like sitting on the floor.
7. 28 lakhs on road hyd.
8. They still use leaf spring suspensions at the rear and double wishbone suspension at front (same applies for d max also).
9. 3 ltr engine with vgt turbo. Now some interesting bits
1.The company has plans to sell around 60 vehicles in india in 2013 from hyderabad dealership including all the 3 models.
2. Out of this only 6 mu-7 have been earmarked for hyderabad market.
3. waiting period is 6 months.
4. No sign of 4 x 4 version. maybe next year according to dealer.
5. No idea about company's future plans for dealership and ASS
I would say its the perfect way to kill a good product. How can a company like isuzu launch vehicles without any future roadmap? mu-7 according to me makes sense if priced between 14-17 lakhs. d-max is priced quite ok but then again with only 1 showroom to begin with god only knows how the ASS
would be? Even the salesguy did'nt sound confident and i could make out frustration in his tone.
My two cents. Pics would follow some other time as i was really out of time